new NCL rewards bonus program

bruins12

They tell you you have two or three years to cruise on your certificate. This is technically true, but they fail to tell you that you need to book your cruise within 1 year.

I faced several problems in using my certificate, but this wasn't one of them. We attended 3 different sessions on the Jewel (Early Dec Sailing) promoting the program and all of them had the "must book within a year" information prominently given.

Also, it was clearly stated that the certificate could be used for the deposit.

-Monte

I faced several problems in using my certificate, but this wasn't one of them. We attended 3 different sessions on the Jewel (Early Dec Sailing) promoting the program and all of them had the "must book within a year" information prominently given.

Also, it was clearly stated that the certificate could be used for the deposit.

-Monte

I am also having a problem using the 500 dollar certificate. I had to call NCL because my TA is on vacation. When I tried to book with the TA covering for her she told me I had to call NCL. I guess you can use the certificate for the deposit but was told it takes 7 weeks for you to get into the system. Now if you want a specific cabin, you may lose it if you wait. NCL also told me that I could not use the certificate for final payment. I was told sorry that I would lose the cabin of my choice, but would have to wait until I am in the system. My TA will be returning on Monday so I will let her deal with it. I may have to book the cabin, wait until I am in the system, cancle and re book using my certificate. I wish they would get their act together. I am begining to think that it is all not worth the trouble.

Marie

It seems that the NCL home office, and whoever is in charge of

their marketing dept. do not communicate with each other.

Back in Jan. I received a email from the NCL web-site listing

a sell they were having on their new ship Pr. of Hawaii.

Maybe some of you received this. It said book a inside cabin,

and be upgraded to outside, book outside and be

upgraded to a BA. We were planning a cruise to Hawaii,

so called my TA. She said she hadn't heard anything about it.

She called NCL and they didn't have a clue what she was

talking about. I even forwared her my email.

I gave up and booked on Pr. of Aloha.

This is my 5th cruise with NCL. On every cruise except this

one in Hawaii, I have booked and received $100.00 onboard

credit. I received this for booking certain times of the year, ect.

Not on this cruise, they are sold out. I don't believe it would

be worth the trouble to me to buy the coupon, and then have

to wrangle over when I could use it. Not till their home

office and marketing dept. get together.

sammy

Hi Monte.... does this sound familiar?? lol

"I had to get corporate involved in order to use the coupon as the down payment. I have been assured that this is how the coupon is intended to be used and that it shouldn't be a problem in the future."

Well, here it is the future and the problem is worse than ever!! I will be calling corporate tomorrow. Got the previous problem of mixed up latitude numbers, lost gold reward cash, and then the issue of the "invalid" travel date (over a year after purchase, but only 4 months since purchase...NOT INVALD!) all worked out yesterday. And now this rears its ugly head. I should be billing NCL for all of these lost hours. Just sent off a flaming letter to corporate in Miami and London today (thinking it was resolved haha). I will try your contact person tomorrow....my ta says she can't get the deposit from NCL and I refuse to fork it over. I want my money!!! Thanks for helping!

Hi seasprite, :) Remember me from our October cruise. I see your having a little trouble with the new program. I hope you get it figured out. We just booked a cruise to Alaska on the 21st of May out of Settle on the NCL Star.

WE still have some pictures to send you, I do have your e-mail address. We're just slow getting them together. One of these days. Good luck talk to you later. Helen.

LOL Monte....you are a genius!! Yes, I was able to reach Lane, and she straightened everything out. I think she is the only NCL person that really understands the new program! She also said that the computer programs aren't designed to handle the Rewards Programs yet...since it is only a "trial" being used on 2 ships so far, NCL isn't going to put money into revising software until the programs are revised and completely in place. I warned her that the programs won't live long enough to be revised if NCL doesn't get going on this! She says they are working on the communications glitches now and hoping to get her name and number out as the one to go through when people purchase the program. Don't know why they didn't do that in the first place! Anyway, hopefully I am all set and can breathe a sigh of relief. I definitely won't try this again as long as it is a "trial" program! Thanks for helping!

Hello Helen!!

How nice to hear from you again! Did I ever send you my pics? It was so long ago, I can't remember! That sure was a wonderful trip on the Dawn...sigh! I look at the pics and drool lol! Have a great trip to Alaska on the Star....and you will probably win ANOTHER free cruise playing Bingo lol! Say hi to the family for me!

LOL Monte....you are a genius!! Yes, I was able to reach Lane, and she straightened everything out. I think she is the only NCL person that really understands the new program! She also said that the computer programs aren't designed to handle the Rewards Programs yet...since it is only a "trial" being used on 2 ships so far, NCL isn't going to put money into revising software until the programs are revised and completely in place. I warned her that the programs won't live long enough to be revised if NCL doesn't get going on this! She says they are working on the communications glitches now and hoping to get her name and number out as the one to go through when people purchase the program. Don't know why they didn't do that in the first place! Anyway, hopefully I am all set and can breathe a sigh of relief. I definitely won't try this again as long as it is a "trial" program! Thanks for helping!

Pam-I'm so happy it's worked out for you! Not having heard anything from you for a few days, I was afraid it was bad news. From what you said, (if I read it correctly) do you think it's OK to start putting Lanes contact info in a public forum (such as this one)? I wouldn't want her to get literally flooded with requests for help, but I think it could help many.

I felt the same as you about trying this all again, but now, knowing how to get ahold of Lane, I wouldn't be afraid to.

take care

-Monte

I am glad I am not the only one having problems with this issue. I have been on the phone countless times with NCL trying to get a straight answer as to how long you actually have to use the GOLD certificate. Every time I call, I receive a different answer. Please tell me if I am wrong, but if you purchased the GOLD, your actual certificate expires in one year, so you must book a cruise before it expires, but actually have 2 1/2 years to sail??? That is what I was under the impression of when I purchased, but have been having a very hard time verifying this. Also, does anyone know how transferring the certificate works?? I am not even sure if we will be able to use this, and just wondering if you can transfer it to anyone. Thanks!

My TA ran into the same problem, but it has been taken care of. Have your TA call Laine Flynn in Pheonix. She is pretty much in charge of this rewards program. 886-234-0292 X7004

This was posted earlier in this thread (I found it when I looked back). Laine is the one who Monte had me call, and she knows this program inside out. She is willing to help anyone with arrangements. When I spoke with her she said that they were even talking about giving her phone number and extension out when you purchase the program, so everyone deals with her directly and this problem can be avoided. Hope that helps. AND THANKS, MONTE!

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from the Dawn 3/16 sailing and, while onboard, signed up for the Bonus Rewards program, Gold level. We were told (and the Bonus Rewards flyer indiicated) that we would have one year to book a cruise and 2 1/2 years within which to actually take the cruise. We already have another cruise booked for this year, so are looking at cruising with the bonus rewards sometime next year. I found a cruise we're interested in - it's for a 4/23/07 sailing. I called the Bonus Rewards people yesterday to ask some questions, and was told that I can't use the bonus rewards for that cruise because I must sail within a year from the day I purchased the bonus rewards. I know this is incorrect, but couldn't make the NCL rep. understand it. The way we ended the conversation was with them telling me to call customer service on Monday.

Does anyone still have a copy of the flyer? Can you verify what it says for me?

Thanks,

Jay

We just returned from the Dawn 3/16 sailing and, while onboard, signed up for the Bonus Rewards program, Gold level. We were told (and the Bonus Rewards flyer indiicated) that we would have one year to book a cruise and 2 1/2 years within which to actually take the cruise. We already have another cruise booked for this year, so are looking at cruising with the bonus rewards sometime next year. I found a cruise we're interested in - it's for a 4/23/07 sailing. I called the Bonus Rewards people yesterday to ask some questions, and was told that I can't use the bonus rewards for that cruise because I must sail within a year from the day I purchased the bonus rewards. I know this is incorrect, but couldn't make the NCL rep. understand it. The way we ended the conversation was with them telling me to call customer service on Monday.

Does anyone still have a copy of the flyer? Can you verify what it says for me?

Thanks,

Jay

We were on the same cruise, and that is what they stated. I even asked the questions to the young lady from Germany and the youg man from Texas,

both Lattitudes employee's. At work now, but we have the sign up sheet at home. There is an earlier post with a direct contact to NCL for questions about this program

I have the contract and it says "silver & gold expire in twelve months from date of purchase" "certificate must be redeemed/booked prior to the date indicated on the face of the certificate" I can't find anything that says you have 2 1/2 years to sail but that was stated several times to us.

• 3 months later...

Archived