Norwegian Pearl

Cuizer2

The Norwegian Pearl will have ... are you ready for this ... a bowling alley ...

http://www.ncl.com/news/pr/pr020706.htm

NCL’S NEW NORWEGIAN PEARL TO OFFER CRUISE INDUSTRY FIRST: ONBOARD BOWLING ALLEY

MIAMI – February 7, 2006 - NCL’s next ship, Norwegian Pearl, will bowl over the cruise competition with a “striking” innovation – a full size, four lane, ten-pin bowling alley. The bowling alley is part of an all-new, all-day entertainment, sports bar and nightclub complex called Bliss. During the day, Bliss is a sports bar with a four lane bowling alley, multiple flat screen televisions to show sports events, and air hockey, foosball and other arcade games.

In the evening, in a complete change of mood, Bliss transforms into a hip, high-energy ultra-lounge, with the plasma screens adding video tracks to the non-stop music spun by Norwegian Pearl’s own Vibe Master. A spacious dance floor, a full bar, and mood-lit bowling all add to the atmosphere of a totally unique seagoing experience.

The venue is designed in deep reds, blues and purples and appointed with modern furniture including plush seating with high back chairs, day beds with cushions and pillows and comfortable banquettes near the bowling lanes.

“Bowling is one of America’s most popular recreational sports, with more than 69 million* participants in the United States,” said Colin Veitch, president and CEO of NCL. “We are constantly pushing the Freestyle Cruising theme on our ships – bringing our guests all kinds of unexpected opportunities to relax and have fun as the mood takes them. What better than to bring one of the most popular landside activities in the nation onto a ship.

“Will the ball roll perfectly true? Much of the time yes, and some of the time no. We won’t be hosting the world bowling championships; it’s just fun we’re shooting for! Bowling, drinking, dancing, and laughing with your friends and family. That’s a strike every time in our book!” Veitch said.

The entertainment complex during the day is also the perfect venue to host bowling parties for guests of all ages. Gutter bumpers will automatically pop up for kids’ bowling parties – or for adults who might need a little help with their scores.

With its finger on the pulse of what today’s more casual travelers want on vacation, NCL has debuted several novel onboard entertainment options in recent years. In 2005, NCL was the first cruise line to offer, on Pride of America, an onboard bungee trampoline, as well as a giant gyroscope, an exhilarating, open-air sphere originally designed for training astronauts in weightlessness.

In addition to the new bowling alley, Norwegian Pearl will also feature all the attributes of NCL’s dynamic modern Freestyle Cruising fleet including multiple restaurants, vibrant public rooms, versatile, family-friendly accommodations and NCL’s popular new style of accommodations - Courtyard Villas - which along with each ship’s two Garden Villas make up the biggest, most luxurious, most innovative suite complexes at sea.

NCL Corporation ("NCL") is an innovative cruise company headquartered in Miami, Florida, with a fleet of 15 ships in service and under construction. The corporation oversees the operations of Norwegian Cruise Line, NCL America, and Orient Lines. The company is currently building three ships, including one more for the NCL America brand in Hawai`i - Pride of Hawai`i (delivery in April 2006), and Norwegian Pearl and Norwegian Gem for delivery in 2007.

For further information, please contact NCL in the U.S. and Canada at (800) 327-7030; visit NCL’s website at http://www.ncl.com or on AOL at keyword: NCL; or to download high-resolution photography, visit http://www.ncl.com/hires.

The Norwegian Pearl will have ... are you ready for this ... a bowling alley ...

MIAMI – February 7, 2006 - NCL’s next ship, Norwegian Pearl, will bowl over the cruise competition with a “striking” innovation – a full size, four lane, ten-pin bowling alley. The bowling alley is part of an all-new, all-day entertainment, sports bar and nightclub complex called Bliss. During the day, Bliss is a sports bar with a four lane bowling alley, multiple flat screen televisions to show sports events, and air hockey, foosball and other arcade games.

In the evening, in a complete change of mood, Bliss transforms into a hip, high-energy ultra-lounge, with the plasma screens adding video tracks to the non-stop music spun by Norwegian Pearl’s own Vibe Master. A spacious dance floor, a full bar, and mood-lit bowling all add to the atmosphere of a totally unique seagoing experience.

The venue is designed in deep reds, blues and purples and appointed with modern furniture including plush seating with high back chairs, day beds with cushions and pillows and comfortable banquettes near the bowling lanes.

“Bowling is one of America’s most popular recreational sports, with more than 69 million* participants in the United States,” said Colin Veitch, president and CEO of NCL. “We are constantly pushing the Freestyle Cruising theme on our ships – bringing our guests all kinds of unexpected opportunities to relax and have fun as the mood takes them. What better than to bring one of the most popular landside activities in the nation onto a ship.

“Will the ball roll perfectly true? Much of the time yes, and some of the time no. We won’t be hosting the world bowling championships; it’s just fun we’re shooting for! Bowling, drinking, dancing, and laughing with your friends and family. That’s a strike every time in our book!” Veitch said.

The entertainment complex during the day is also the perfect venue to host bowling parties for guests of all ages. Gutter bumpers will automatically pop up for kids’ bowling parties – or for adults who might need a little help with their scores.

With its finger on the pulse of what today’s more casual travelers want on vacation, NCL has debuted several novel onboard entertainment options in recent years. In 2005, NCL was the first cruise line to offer, on Pride of America, an onboard bungee trampoline, as well as a giant gyroscope, an exhilarating, open-air sphere originally designed for training astronauts in weightlessness.

In addition to the new bowling alley, Norwegian Pearl will also feature all the attributes of NCL’s dynamic modern Freestyle Cruising fleet including multiple restaurants, vibrant public rooms, versatile, family-friendly accommodations and NCL’s popular new style of accommodations - Courtyard Villas - which along with each ship’s two Garden Villas make up the biggest, most luxurious, most innovative suite complexes at sea.

NCL Corporation ("NCL") is an innovative cruise company headquartered in Miami, Florida, with a fleet of 15 ships in service and under construction. The corporation oversees the operations of Norwegian Cruise Line, NCL America, and Orient Lines. The company is currently building three ships, including one more for the NCL America brand in Hawai`i - Pride of Hawai`i (delivery in April 2006), and Norwegian Pearl and Norwegian Gem for delivery in 2007.

For further information, please contact NCL in the U.S. and Canada at (800) 327-7030; visit NCL’s website at http://www.ncl.com or on AOL at keyword: NCL; or to download high-resolution photography, visit http://www.ncl.com/hires.

Yes, this info is on the news page of CC and our corporate headquarters just sent the release as well. What is next for cruising? NMnita

Yes, this info is on the news page of CC and our corporate headquarters just sent the release as well. What is next for cruising? NMnita

I think it'd be cool for families (or anyone) into bowling. Personally, I could care less about bowling on a cruise, so I think it's kind of a dumb idea.

I'd rather they use the space for another pool or an indoors solarium of some size.

I think it'd be cool for families (or anyone) into bowling. Personally, I could care less about bowling on a cruise, so I think it's kind of a dumb idea.

I'd rather they use the space for another pool or an indoors solarium of some size.

I wouldn't use it either, probably but what a great family activity and a good way to keep the kids, especially the teens busy. sounds like the entire sports area with more sports on TV etc is a step in a very good direction. NMnita

Kids and bowling balls....I can see the first "Cruise from Hell" review already.

"These unsupervised children were rolling bowling balls down the hallways at all hours of the night. You could also hear bowling balls bouncing down the stairtowers..." :eek:

PE<---just doing a preemptory strike...:rolleyes:

I don't know about this idea. Heavy seas + Kids + extremely ungainly bowling balls = someone getting cracked in the head, or worse. Something tells me this is not necessarily a great idea. :confused:

Not near as dangerous as pool cues in a bar. icon4.gif :eek: icon4.gif

I am an ACD with norwegian cruise lines and i only hope i get the oppertunity to work on this new ship. I think it will bring alot of fun to the ship and to the nightclub at night. Well we will see , enjoying the rest of my vacation back to the ship on Feb. 21st

I am an ACD with norwegian cruise lines and i only hope i get the oppertunity to work on this new ship. I think it will bring alot of fun to the ship and to the nightclub at night. Well we will see , enjoying the rest of my vacation back to the ship on Feb. 21st

Which ship are you heading out on Wolfacd13?

:)

• 1 month later...

Archived