Price of October cruise now higher

Markanddonna

With as much instability there is in the cruise industry right now I can't comprehend why anyone would want to book at this very moment.

Those cruises will be there after everything starts to settle down.

What's the hurry to book a cruise these days, unless it is for 2022 since many diehard CC'er nail down their best deals years ahead. 

We booked a 2 BR suite and a 1 BR suite confirmed - cancel with zero penalty until 24 hours before date of arrival, with a credit card hold.  It's a land-based vacation, not a cruise - that is relatively safe for this Fall up in "north" country, to see - hopefully, foliage & beautiful colors.  

Hopefully, it will be safe to travel with phased & gradual re-opening and follow social distancing rules then ... Why sweat things out and give cruise line an interest-free loan and/or worry about cancellation & trip insurance.  We aren't immune to Covid-19, nobody is until proven otherwise and antibody testing itself isn't a sure deal.  

Feel free to gamble your life with it, play the odds and take your chances.  We all get to live once only. 

• Like 1

I applaud all of you who "will be on the next ship that sails."

I will be watching to see how that plays out. I have a cruise booked in 9/2021 on the Sky (2nd time).  It is a small, lovely ship and offers everything I want/need.  Itinerary included.  I booked before fallout and I see now they have removed OBC and lowered Specialty Dining.  However, will ports be open by then?  That is the million dollar question to future cruises.  I do not want a cruise to "Nowhere".

I was on the Escape twice, and although I loved Spice, the elevator situation was crazy.  I took the stairs more often than not.  Elevators = huge problem for distancing.

I don't want to be trapped in an Elevator where people have no common sense. Nor do I want to be in a mask and gloves while on vacation.

The situation here in NJ is quite concerning.  People are intentionally coughing on Police/EMT workers claiming they have COVID. Good grief.  Society has run amuck. Disgusting.

The Governors here on East Coast have formed a coalition.  They all agree on how to open "borders" between our States. You can't cross border and go to a bar in NJ unless NY says it's okay and vice versa. RI/CT/DE, etc are all in agreement.  But what about flights to MIA?

Until a vaccine is in place, I won't be cruising, because ignorant people will be standing next to me. Just like in the past on the buffet line...but much more deadlier this time around.

I look forward to hearing everyone's Trip Reports when they get back on first cruises.  Please pack meds for at least 3 months.  Don't expect anyone to rescue you.  Don't Skype into Media how you were treated badly and want your self absorbed "tragedy" aired and subsequent lawsuit.  You had all the facts prior to boarding.  Safe travels to all when cruising resumes. Proceed at own risk.
I do hope I can cruise in 2021, but until then, it is not a priority.  I hope small businesses can recover and everyone gets back to work.

College Students are remote learning and graduations have been cancelled.  High School Students have been remote learning and Proms/Graduation have been cancelled.  Sports cancelled. These kids are our future and saying *****!? As a parent in this situation, I am offering my best explanation and things will get better to these young adults of our future.

I do not care if the Cruise Lines sink or swim, but I do care about irresponsible people who think their cruise is more important than safety/health of people, economy. (i.e. My kids in College who were kicked out)

Hang tight everyone.  Losing your cruise is not the end of the world. Relax.
JMO. Be safe everyone 🙂

I look forward to all the bashing about my post. This site does it well. 

🙂

• Like 3

I booked a cruise this morning with my FCCs and was surprised to see that though prices for a Studio cabin (which is what I booked) were the same as yesterday, the prices for dual occupancy cabins had doubled overnight.  I don't know if the price increase was a result of them getting additional bookings from the FCC holders, but it was surprising.