Cancelled booking information

Johnc3211

I am trying to transfer my trip insurance from my cancelled cruise to a new cruise. The insurance company wants documentation from both cruises. I have the new booking info but not the cancelled one. Only thing I have is the sheets showing itinerary and charges, not a "cruise balance details"sheet like I have for the new cruise. I can't seem to find it online. Anyone know where I can find it, or have experience with insurance transfer? Thanks

We just did this and had the notification of successful transfer today.ย  The company I used wanted the official notification of the cancelled cruise from the cruise company ( sent them a copy of the email I got telling me of the cancellation)ย  Then the new cruise info.ย  Took about 2 weeks, but it came today.ย  Make sure you look at the new policy and contact them with any errors ( ours still had the country visiting as Canada, but we replaced our cancelled Alaska cruise with a Caribbean cruise).. One phone call and it was fixed.ย  New documents were emailed to me.ย ย 

ย 

Hope this helps!

ย 

baf

Edited by bafinegan
spelling

I also used the email to prove cancellation and received the new policy yesterday after a two-week wait. ย I was afraid there was a limit on the number of times a policy can be transferred since it had already been transferred onceย from a Cuba cruise, but it was fine.

I can't speak for all travel insurance companies but you may be able to make these changes yourself on line. Go to the insurance company online and find your policy, then look for a modify policy button. Once in there you might be able to make the necessary changes. I have done this with Travelguard and Allianz policies. In fact, I just changed dates on an Allianz policy for the 2nd time.ย 

3 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I also used the email to prove cancellation and received the new policy yesterday after a two-week wait. ย I was afraid there was a limit on the number of times a policy can be transferred since it had already been transferred onceย from a Cuba cruise, but it was fine.

Thanks, good to know. Iย rescheduled my cancelled April cruise to July and rescheduled again last week to March 2021. I had the same procedure as you the first time so will do it again, I am havingย a hard time forcing myself to do it, guess I have reschedule fatigue, lol!ย 

21 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I continued the same email string from the first transfer, received an auto-response that my emailย had been received, and the confirmation email and policy showed up two weeks later. ย Never had to talk to a person.

Thanks again, that is my plan, Iโ€™ll stick with it then. I bought my insurance through InsureMyTrip.com, itโ€™s TravelSafe. I have at least another month ofย house jail so I have the time!ย ย 

5 hours ago, Johnc3211 said:

I am trying to transfer my trip insurance from my cancelled cruise to a new cruise. The insurance company wants documentation from both cruises. I have the new booking info but not the cancelled one. Only thing I have is the sheets showing itinerary and charges, not a "cruise balance details"sheet like I have for the new cruise. I can't seem to find it online. Anyone know where I can find it, or have experience with insurance transfer? Thanks

Did you download the documents before the cruise was cancelled?ย  I did this so I have it saved.

12 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

Thanks again, that is my plan, Iโ€™ll stick with it then. I bought my insurance through InsureMyTrip.com, itโ€™s TravelSafe. I have at least another month ofย house jail so I have the time!ย ย 

I also used insuremytrip.com