Excursion Lists: Northern Lights & Iberian Explorer

What was that?

We are scheduled to sail from Barcelona in January 2021 on the brand-new Viking Venus, and I would like information on the excursions we may be offered on these two cruises - we are doing them B2B. Of course, VO will release them in October, but to plan the finances for the trip, I would like to have an idea about what it might cost. So, if anyone took either (or both?) of these cruises recently and saved the list of excursions offered, would you mind sharing them? The key for me is what did they cost? You can email me at Fred at Preller dot US. Your help is appreciated.

I love the optimism, since I'm also on your sailing. Sorry I can't help with the excursions. I assume you already know that Viking includes an excursion at every port? They are usually of the general sightseeing kind but we've enjoyed all the included excursions that we did on the Northern Lights trip. Can't help but wonder if this trip will even go, as I referred to in a separate thread. Lots of changes coming to the travel industry undoubtedly. 

Did you consider speaking to a Viking agent since I would imagine they can provide you with sample excursions from previous sailings. Good luck - hope to see you in January. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

Thanks OnTheJourney. I agree that the schedule may need revision - especially since the lockdown in Italy has caused a seven week cessation of work (so far) on the Viking Venus...

I like to have some idea of what options we would have to see how much more I might have to come up with, over and above the voucher from this month's canceled GE cruise, if any. I have an old list for the Northern lights, but it is a pdf someone made with the excursions they chose marked, so I can't tell which are included and what the prices of some of them are - and I have nothing for the Iberian Explorer.

See you on board!

Here is a link to the document I put together prior to our 2020 cruise. It might not be a complete list because when I put together these documents, I tend to leave out the tours I know that we aren't interested in.  The prices are valid for the 2020 sailing only; who knows how the current economic situation will effect future shorex pricing.

We did Cartagena and Malaga entirely on our own. In Vigo we did the bus trip to Santiago de Compostela (with the short amount of time in Vigo, it is the best way to do it) and we did the included tour in Portsmouth.

Anyone interested is welcome to view : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xk5xbbXLLNcqoiOXllGeMhupLKwWKcM-?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, What was that? said:

Thanks, peregrina651. That helps. Looks like I will have more than enough voucher credit for excursions, so perhaps I will have to order more champagne!

Or look at the more expensive excursion,which I probably left off the list.