High Prices

HazeGray

On 4/16/2020 at 6:16 PM, travelhound said:

Despite all the negativity on the CC forum, cruise bookings for next year are actually up.  I think there is going to be a lot of pent up demand and many ships next year will probably sell out.

While this is true most people are using there credits to book for next year.  Currently booking for new guest are down I have inside info from my wife.   I believe the big issue is someone would be scared to book a new booking in today market I truly believe that in the coming months there will be good deals from the cruise lines and they want to fill the ship however I am thinking they have lost some of new cruisers with the news in the media the long term cruisers will return but be a bit more guarded. 

On 4/20/2020 at 12:51 AM, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

While this is true most people are using there credits to book for next year.  Currently booking for new guest are down I have inside info from my wife.   I believe the big issue is someone would be scared to book a new booking in today market I truly believe that in the coming months there will be good deals from the cruise lines and they want to fill the ship however I am thinking they have lost some of new cruisers with the news in the media the long term cruisers will return but be a bit more guarded. 

I agree, it's going to take a while to regain the confidence of the general public to cruise again.  That said, there are hardcore cruisers, like my family, who will definitely will sail again.

The cruise line were very shrewd in giving additional FCC since it means that cruisers will have to use those or lose them.  That means pent up demand allowing them to raise cruise fares and essentially give away nothing in terms of the FCC.  I suspect that the cruise fares might drop close to the departure dates if there is a significant number of cabins still available.  By raising the fares now, it gives the cruise lines the flexibility to lower them in the future after they can gauge how much or how little demand is out there. 

I agree.   We like to cruise.  We did not have a cruise booked.  We not not, at this time, ever consider giving the cruise lines a dime.  If we had a choice between FCC's and a refund, we would want a refund.

The reason is straightforward.  We would not want to be tied to the conditions of an FCC.  Nor do we want to be tied down to one cruise line.   I have not seen any line of people booking or even thinking about booking except those with FCC's.  We believe that the prices are being kept artificially high but that they will come down.  And if they do not, we will buy another travel product.