Can someone explain why I don’t qualify for 125% FCC?

We were originally scheduled on Anthem on May 29th out of Southampton. About a month ago when Italy was getting bad, I cancelled that sailing and booked the Harmony on May 31st, with hopes that the US and Caribbean would be in better shape. It’s about the same time RCL started policy not requiring money for deposit/payment if you were waiting on credit from another booking. My TA was told normal processing time was 14 days but because we wanted to do another booking, they’d expedite in 5 days. Fast forward to this week, when RCL cancelled Harmony sailing. If I’m understanding them correctly, because I used a cruise certificate to pay for Harmony, only money above that amount from Anthem would be eligible for the 125%. Harmony was a few hundred less. I could see this if I had already received 125% for Anthem but that wasn’t the case. I’m wondering if the issue is that they haven’t yet applied the Anthem credit - I cancelled Anthem, so no 125%, and Harmony not yet processed, so no 125%. In which case - not my fault they’ve taken four weeks to process when they promised 5 days. We’re talking about $1000 here. My TA will have to call Monday - I was just wondering if anyone has had this issue or has some insight that might help. 

Ourusualbeach explained in another post that you get 100% of your fcc plus 125% of any additional money you paid. I'm sure he could explain it better. You wouldnt get 125% on the fcc you applied.

I'm kinda bummed myself how these fccs work. I'm thinking of going the refund route as I have 2 myself. The more I see posted how they work, the more I think they arent worth it, cash is better.

Wait for him to explain, but what you said unfortunately sounds like what he posted.

9 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

If I’m understanding them correctly, because I used a cruise certificate to pay for Harmony, only money above that amount from Anthem would be eligible for the 125%.

That is correct.

the FCC that you received for voluntarily cancelling stays at 100%.  

What if my client used a Future Cruise Credit to pay for their cancelled cruise?

If a Future Cruise Credit was leveraged to pay for a reservation now impacted by the global sailing suspension, we are making it easy for your client by combining all funds into one voucher. The value of the original FCC will now be added to the new FCC at 100% of its original value, plus 125% of any amount paid by the guest on the cancelled sailing. Regardless of the original FCC’s expiration date, the new FCC is valid through December 31, 2021, at which time all unused funds will expire.

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is correct.

the FCC that you received for voluntarily cancelling stays at 100%.  

What if my client used a Future Cruise Credit to pay for their cancelled cruise?

If a Future Cruise Credit was leveraged to pay for a reservation now impacted by the global sailing suspension, we are making it easy for your client by combining all funds into one voucher. The value of the original FCC will now be added to the new FCC at 100% of its original value, plus 125% of any amount paid by the guest on the cancelled sailing. Regardless of the original FCC’s expiration date, the new FCC is valid through December 31, 2021, at which time all unused funds will expire.

So I screwed myself out of $1000 (cruises were about $4000 each) and that policy is something my TA should’ve known about. 😔 So if I roll it all over to a late July cruise that is then cancelled, the whole original Anthem amount rolls over again to our March 2021 cruise? I should probably not even bother with the July booking. Sounds like it will be months before cruises sail, given all the guidelines they’ll have to meet first. Rats. 

Edited by SarahD112

3 hours ago, SarahD112 said:

I cancelled that sailing

There is your problem in one short sentence... YOU were the one that cancelled the booking, nor Royal Caribbean.

If they allowed you to then get 125% on the subsequent booking, everyone would just start cancelling and using the FCC to rebook a cruise for just after the current cancellation period. If that cruise goes ahead, great, but if it doesn't they then get 125%.

Rinse and repeat, and eventually you end up with two cruises for the price of one...

2 minutes ago, Balsam12 said:

There is your problem in one short sentence... YOU were the one that cancelled the booking, nor Royal Caribbean.

If they allowed you to then get 125% on the subsequent booking, everyone would just start cancelling and using the FCC to rebook a cruise for just after the current cancellation period. If that cruise goes ahead, great, but if it doesn't they then get 125%.

Rinse and repeat, and eventually you end up with two cruises for the price of one...

I knew I wouldn’t get 125% for first cruise, but I didn’t realize moving my funds from one cruise to another would mean I couldn’t get 125% from the new cruise. I understand it being one or the either, but I’ll get neither. And worse yet, by taking advantage of the cruise with confidence to cancel Anthem, I don’t have the money back option. We cruise at least once a year, so that didn’t really matter to me - we can apply it to March 2021 cruise. But after everything I’ve read tonight about what the cruise ships need to do in order for the CDC to allow them to sail again, I’m worried they’ll have to declare Chapter 11. And while they’ll reorganize, RCL could opt not to honor all those FCCs out there. 

4 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

I knew I wouldn’t get 125% for first cruise, but I didn’t realize moving my funds from one cruise to another would mean I couldn’t get 125% from the new cruise. I understand it being one or the either, but I’ll get neither. And worse yet, by taking advantage of the cruise with confidence to cancel Anthem, I don’t have the money back option. We cruise at least once a year, so that didn’t really matter to me - we can apply it to March 2021 cruise. But after everything I’ve read tonight about what the cruise ships need to do in order for the CDC to allow them to sail again, I’m worried they’ll have to declare Chapter 11. And while they’ll reorganize, RCL could opt not to honor all those FCCs out there. 

Yep, exactly why I would have taken the cash option to begin with, even if the 125% HAD been an option. The red flags were all over these boards at least 3 weeks ago. People were trying to make some money off those FCC’s, which is exactly the trap RCC was hoping people would fall for.