FTTF help!

MermaidMommy03

Good morning, 

We have never had FTTF and would like some help. 
We just rebooked our canceled cruise and now we have two rooms instead of 1. If we can’t find FTTF for both cabins can we still all board together? I have my 2 kids in one cabin and my husband and youngest in another cabin. Even if we board at a later time! And once we board could the kids come change and hang in our room right when we board? 

thanks 

13 minutes ago, MermaidMommy03 said:

Good morning, 

We have never had FTTF and would like some help. 
We just rebooked our canceled cruise and now we have two rooms instead of 1. If we can’t find FTTF for both cabins can we still all board together? I have my 2 kids in one cabin and my husband and youngest in another cabin. Even if we board at a later time! And once we board could the kids come change and hang in our room right when we board? 

thanks 

Only one cabin would have the priority boarding. If you want to board together, then you would have to board later and that would depend on the check in times available.  As to the second question, yes, anyone could come to your room to change or just hang out.

What I would do is put all of the kids in 1 cabin, and the adults in another cabin. Then get FTTF for the adults. The kids will be able to board with the adults in this scenario. If the adults are split up, then you would need FTTF for both cabins for you to all board together. We do this with our suites. Our kids are in their own cabin and my wife and I are in the suite. The kids are able to board with us even without FTTF. If we don't have a suite and just have a balcony cabin, then we just get FTTF for us and the kids still board with us even when they don't have FTTF. 

• Like 1

If you'd still like FTTF for both cabins, keep checking and check OFTEN. All times of the day/night. When people who have FTTF cancel, theirs becomes available again, but you have to get lucky to catch it because it'll go fast. I've had the best luck in the early morning hours, before sun-up. If I get up in the middle of the night to get a drink or use the bathroom, I check. Check multiple times a day and night. And keep checking right up until your cruise. We managed to snag one for our last cruise just a little over a month before the cruise, but I've seen people say they got one a week out. Right around your final payment date is a good time to look because people cancel before their final payment date to avoid bigger penalties.

2 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

What I would do is put all of the kids in 1 cabin, and the adults in another cabin. Then get FTTF for the adults. The kids will be able to board with the adults in this scenario. If the adults are split up, then you would need FTTF for both cabins for you to all board together. We do this with our suites. Our kids are in their own cabin and my wife and I are in the suite. The kids are able to board with us even without FTTF. If we don't have a suite and just have a balcony cabin, then we just get FTTF for us and the kids still board with us even when they don't have FTTF. 

I don’t disagree with anything you say, but one advantage of having only one parent per cabin is it allows only person to buy Cheers. Of course this may not be an issue   for the OP if they aren’t going to purchase Cheers or if they both plan to purchase Cheers. They can also all board together without FTTF by selecting the same check-in window for both cabins. 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 7:38 AM, teknoge3k said:

So you have the kids in their own cabin for this purpose?  Does it matter how old they are?  I am in a similar boat (no pun intended) and was wondering if I can put one of the kids in the other room and try to do this.  Do they give you a hard time at all when the kids cabin doesn't have FTTF?

2 minutes ago, Setlok said:

So you have the kids in their own cabin for this purpose?  Does it matter how old they are?  I am in a similar boat (no pun intended) and was wondering if I can put one of the kids in the other room and try to do this.  Do they give you a hard time at all when the kids cabin doesn't have FTTF?

No we don't do it for this purpose. We put the kids in their own cabin so we all have more space. My kids are now 8 & 16. We've been doing this for several years though. Minors are allowed to board with their parents. 🙂 

19 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

No we don't do it for this purpose. We put the kids in their own cabin so we all have more space. My kids are now 8 & 16. We've been doing this for several years though. Minors are allowed to board with their parents. 🙂 

I think the part I'm confused on is having them show in the system as being in their own room.  I was informed that minors couldn't be registered in a room without parents.  Is that wrong?  sorry for all the questions

Depending on their ages there are certain restrictions. when we booked a blended family cruise with our 10 kids and 2 son-in-laws we had to make sure that the cabin with the 10 and 12 year old in it was within 3 cabins of ours. We used our PVP and he made sure that we were within guidelines. 

The older kids had to be on the same floor and adults could be wherever. 

35 minutes ago, Setlok said:

I think the part I'm confused on is having them show in the system as being in their own room.  I was informed that minors couldn't be registered in a room without parents.  Is that wrong?  sorry for all the questions

Yes, that's incorrect. Minors can have their own cabins.

If they are 12 and younger, they need to be across the hall or next door. No balconies.

If they are 13-17, they can be up to 3 cabins away

If they are 18+ there are no restrictions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

Yes, that's incorrect. Minors can have their own cabins.

If they are 12 and younger, they need to be across the hall or next door. No balconies.

If they are 13-17, they can be up to 3 cabins away

If they are 18+ there are no restrictions.

they can be balconies if the staterooms are connected staterooms (not very many exist though).

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

That's interesting to know. Carnival says otherwise. I'll have to try it sometimes.

I should clarify that we were booked that way for a March 14th trip that was cancelled. it is possible they would have required us to move, but for some reason when we were upgraded rooms they put my 3 sons separately. now we are taking the FCC option and rebooked the same way. they might review us and make us move people.