News on Fincantieri shipyards

Cailey53

2 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I wish I could answer your question, Jim.  I don't know.  I have posted that question on CC and have not had any really informative information.  One suggestion was to access the shipyard's web site, if such is possible.  I have not tried to do so, however.  Even then, as laymen, I am not sure any information that we might learn would be of much help as to answering your question.  

Thanks for responding. I guess the only real answer is that all will be revealed in time.

I'm probably overly anxious about these kinds of things because Cunard has just cancelled a September cruise we were looking forward to (Vancouver to Yokohama on the Queen Elizabeth), and we've got an HAL cruise next April (Sydney to Seattle on the Oosterdam) that includes a number of ports in Fiji and Samoa that not long ago refused to allow ships to dock because of concerns about measles. I'm tired of waiting and wondering, but waiting and wondering is the name of the game today, it seems.

8 minutes ago, jimdee3636 said:

Thanks for responding. I guess the only real answer is that all will be revealed in time.

I'm probably overly anxious about these kinds of things because Cunard has just cancelled a September cruise we were looking forward to (Vancouver to Yokohama on the Queen Elizabeth), and we've got an HAL cruise next April (Sydney to Seattle on the Oosterdam) that includes a number of ports in Fiji and Samoa that not long ago refused to allow ships to dock because of concerns about measles. I'm tired of waiting and wondering, but waiting and wondering is the name of the game today, it seems.

I understand your concern and anxiety.  Both of your mentioned itineraries are great travel experiences.  The Sydney to Seattle is much like the itinerary that I have done on the Volendam and the Noordam.  Both were excellent cruises and, being re-positioning ones as well, were well priced.  

Truly, waiting for "what's next" is the name of the game for all of us.  Good wishes for you!