Looking at the Eurodam- 2 questions

kayehall

First off, I am new to Holland America.  I am starting to look at Alaska cruises.  Also new to Alaska.  I want to cruise late in September.  I am trying to price the aft cabins but they do not come up as a choice for balcony rooms.  The next category is suites.  So not sure where to find them on their website.

Also I am looking at September 2021.  It says final payment is due in June but does not say which year.  Would it be 2020 or 2021?

Thanks everyone 

53 minutes ago, JimnKaren said:

Times are changing, but typically final payment is due about 90 days prior to embarkation. Contact a local travel agent (keep the money in your community) and ask more questions.

Jim

Its been 75 days for many, many years, unless you are on a much longer, exotic cruise, when it can be 90 days.

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

It will be June 2021.

I see balcony cabins on the website for Eurodam. Looks like they are only doing Guarantee bookings right now.

I just did a dummy booking.  Choose Verandah, then Verandah, then Aft,  and pick your desired deck.  The cabins aren't highlighted but if you put in a cabin number - it does come up as available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, esimon said:

Opps

No big deal.  We have already spent our vacation money for 2020.  January was Myrtle Beach, Feb was cruise and March was Hawaii.  We are trying to open our summer camp but the NY weather is not cooperating!!!Oh and then Myrtle again in November.  We have a convention in Seattle Sept 30 to Nov 2.  I am always trying to scheme how to fit a cruise in somewhere...LOL.  Drive hubby crazy!!!!  But I used to be a TA so it's in the blood.  Gotta go go go....Kaye

15 hours ago, VermeulT said:

I just did a dummy booking.  Choose Verandah, then Verandah, then Aft,  and pick your desired deck.  The cabins aren't highlighted but if you put in a cabin number - it does come up as available.

Did it come up with a price?  I tried that this morning but when I asked for a specific cabin, the message came back that I had timed out and to start over.  I am at work so it might be firewalls blocking me.  I will try from home later.  Thanks, Kaye

7 minutes ago, kayehall said:

Did it come up with a price?  I tried that this morning but when I asked for a specific cabin, the message came back that I had timed out and to start over.  I am at work so it might be firewalls blocking me.  I will try from home later.  Thanks, Kaye

Yeah their website does that alot.  VERY annoying.

Cabin 8164 for week of Sept 18 is $1732 pp.  That's deck 8.  Lower decks will be slightly more.  And a different sailing might be slightly more or less.

17 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Its been 75 days for many, many years, unless you are on a much longer, exotic cruise, when it can be 90 days.

This may depend on your TA. We booked through our usual big-box TA, and our northern European voyage next year departs July 3, but final payment is due March 21. I asked once about this, and was told that their final payment date was two weeks ahead of HAL at the time. It's now more like 30 days or more. 

2 hours ago, kwb101 said:

This may depend on your TA. We booked through our usual big-box TA, and our northern European voyage next year departs July 3, but final payment is due March 21. I asked once about this, and was told that their final payment date was two weeks ahead of HAL at the time. It's now more like 30 days or more. 

Yes, TA's do impact this, as ours also collects the money 14 days prior to final payment. But HAL's policy (the OP is looking at the website, so that is what they are asking about) has been 75 days. Whether that might change is debatable, but no change (except for some particular re-bookings this summer) has not changed.

I used to live in Binghamton and Vestal and have travelled on the Eurodam twice. Our favorite HAL restaurant is Tamarind on this ship. Not to be missed, IMHO. I've been having a hard time with HALs site. Maybe it would be better to call and book with a Pcc so you can be sure you have the cabin you want..? 

Edited by dee2673
spelling