Alaska cruise

Hottubmomma

Hello

We are suppose to go to Alaska 8/20 with Viking. We have cruised several river cruises with Viking but this will be our first Ocean. Do they have shows in the evening? And if so what time? We will soon be allowed to book our dinner reservations and what to make sure that if there are shows that we can see them.

Thank you

The evening shows are generally at 9:15.  But do you really think your cruise is going to go?  We are on the 8-14 Alaska cruise, and really think it will be canceled.  The ship is still circling off Australia, going to Singapore on April 30.  Then, who knows.  But it certainly looks iffy.  We won’t be booking any optional, paid excursions when our window opens up, that’s for sure.

33 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

The evening shows are generally at 9:15.  But do you really think your cruise is going to go?  We are on the 8-14 Alaska cruise, and really think it will be canceled.  The ship is still circling off Australia, going to Singapore on April 30.  Then, who knows.  But it certainly looks iffy.  We won’t be booking any optional, paid excursions when our window opens up, that’s for sure.

Yeah, shows. Maybe not.

Edited by duquephart

Hi

I really don't know what to think, so we are planning as if we are going. We can sign up for excursions 4/29 and dinner reservations in early May. I know that Alaska has begun to open up again, starting last Friday. We have decided to sign up for all the included excursions and wait to put money down on paid excursions as the date gets closer. I think we will have plenty of wonderful options.

1 hour ago, Hottubmomma said:

Hi

I really don't know what to think, so we are planning as if we are going. We can sign up for excursions 4/29 and dinner reservations in early May. I know that Alaska has begun to open up again, starting last Friday. We have decided to sign up for all the included excursions and wait to put money down on paid excursions as the date gets closer. I think we will have plenty of wonderful options.

Alaska may open up, but until Vancouver opens up you ain't goin' nowhere.

Maritime law requires ships not operating under a US flag to go through a foreign port somewhere, so Vancouver is a must.  But Canada has only closed its ports through June 30, so we will see.  That said, if the cruise does go, and I can get my husband to go, the two things I would avoid are the Star theater and crowded bus tours.  We’ve done the inside passage cruise before, but we have the six day Denali Explorer pre- cruise trip, which is our whole reason for doing this again.  

1 hour ago, Hottubmomma said:

Interesting... I didn't know that, thank you for the information.

This is why all the major lines operating out of Seattle/San Francisco/etc. make a stop at Victoria. Google "Passenger Vessel Services Act."

On 4/26/2020 at 6:09 AM, Hottubmomma said:

Hi

I was wondering if you booked your excursions today and what you decided to do?  I spoke to Viking on another matter on Monday, and they said they were cautiously optimistic about our August cruise!