one-way system on board??

nosapphire

No idea how accurate the report in the link is

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-04-29/cruise-passengers-to-face-rigorous-medical-checks-before-being-allow-to-travel/

but if accurate, other controls would have to be limited attendance in bars, restaurants,theatres etc - so possibly all cabins have set times for each social event.

No tender ports, and it will take forever to get on/off with social distancing in force.

I've cruised 2-4 times a year for over 10 years. I love cruising and a day doesn't pass when I'm thinking about a future cruise. I've hated having cruises cancelled this year even though I know it's been necessary.

So I'm desperate to have my fix of that good old cruise experience.

But this won't be it. I go on a cruise to relax, to forget about the real world, to be pampered, to do what I want when I want.

A pre-cruise check I can live with - it's a short period of pain that's over pretty soon. But social distancing, a one-way system, strict time periods where you're allowed to do a certain activity like dining or drinking? That's not what I love about cruising. It's not what I pay a lot of money to enjoy.

Sadly, if this is the future of cruising, it's a future that won't involve me - and that's damn hard to say considering how much I've loved cruising.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are huge cruise fans, part of the what we love is the atmosphere, meeting new people etc I'm not sure how the events that are held on the cruises we have been on could take place at all under social distancing etc deck parties, trivia, shows, it will just be really strange and I'd imagine not much fun, as for returning to ships from port, if everyone again has to go through extra health checks before getting back on board I imagine this will hugely reduce time spent in port, it would very much become a holiday that we will sadly not be doing. We are watching with anticipation exactly what changes the cruise industry are going to put in place. Boarding with extra checks I think is fine, and, tbh probably should be done anyway. But for us having set times to go into bars/shows are other ship events does not appeal to us at all, fortunately for us our next cruise is not until november 2021 so we are hoping that by then things may be better or I'm afraid we will just say goodbye to cruising.