passport?

Yanicka24

On 4/30/2020 at 11:50 AM, Yanicka24 said:

Yes I know Im a rebel. I cruise with my birth certificate not a passport. Does Aruba require one? 

51 minutes ago, Hatteras51 said:

Aruba requires a passport.

Aruba  does not require a passport for a US citizen on a closed loop cruise originating in the US as long as the cruise doesn't call on another port that does require a passport such as Cartagena Colombia. However there are some cruise lines such as Oceania, Regent Seven Seas and Azamara that require all passengers to have a valid passport regardless of itinerary, so you always need to check your cruise line's requirements to see if they are more restrictive than the government requirements. Mass market lines such as Carnival, NCL and Royal Caribbean generally only require the same documentation as the governments .

Edited by njhorseman

9 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Aruba  does not require a passport for a US citizen on a closed loop cruise originating in the US as long as the cruise doesn't call on another port that does require a passport such as Cartagena Colombia. However there are some cruise lines such as Oceania, Regent Seven Seas and Azamara that require all passengers to have a valid passport regardless of itinerary, so you always need to check your cruise line's requirements to see if they are more restrictive than the government requirements. Mass market lines such as Carnival, NCL and Royal Caribbean generally only require the same documentation as the governments .

That's interesting.  We travel to Aruba by air and have to show our passport to enter. I've only cruised to Aruba once.Thanks for the info. 

1 hour ago, Hatteras51 said:

That's interesting.  We travel to Aruba by air and have to show our passport to enter. I've only cruised to Aruba once.Thanks for the info. 

All international air travel requires a passport.  

• 9 months later...

Air travel requires a passport.  To cruise to Aruba you need either a longer cruise from the mainland US or a cruise that leaves from San Juan, PR.  No passport needed to get there since this is a US territory.  We prefer cruising out of San Juan because you can do more ports in southern and eastern Caribbean from there.