3 Ships-Coco Cay (social distancing)

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Where did you get that info? That max passenger count for Odyssey seems way off, should be less than 5K.

There's several sites out there with port schedules.  That one was crew-center.  I checked a couple others and they don't all agree... so who knows.  I am probably fake news!

1 minute ago, Pratique said:

Navigator will be there on Saturday the 28th.

Not doubting you... multiple port schedule sites show the 29th, but that could be wrong.  Another one I checked is now showing 3 ships on the 13th of November, so who knows what is right anymore.

• Like 1

Just now, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

There's several sites out there with port schedules.  That one was crew-center.  I checked a couple others and they don't all agree... so who knows.  I am probably fake news!

Not doubting you... multiple port schedule sites show the 29th, but that could be wrong.  Another one I checked is now showing 3 ships on the 13th of November, so who knows what is right anymore.

I checked the Royal website, Navigator is departing Miami on Friday the 27th and Day 2 is CocoCay. I think that is the most reliable information as those independent sites are sometimes outdated or incorrect.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Newport55 said:

Booked on Odyssey OTS and arriving on Friday, 13 Nov 2020 along with Empress and Symphony. Estimated pax count at 14,000.  Seriously RCI who schedules this??

Here's a different slant.

In order to get approval/funding for port expansion terminals in say Ft Lauderdale and Miami, they needed to agree to more passenger port days .... more port traffic = more port fees for the cities involved

Get it?

So, Navigator, Independence, and Mariner, to name a few, have shifted from longer cruises to 3 and 4 day cruises to ... guess where, their private, close-by island.  Almost doubling port fees for the govt.

It is all about money.... but virus caught the world off guard.

Anyway..... stay safe!

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2020 at 7:41 AM, ATC cruiser said:

Thanks for your medical opinion

check out todays YouTube videos of Southern Ca. opened beaches.  People packed in, no masks, no distancing,  police refusing to ticket anyone.  His medical opinion is accurate. Did you see the video today of the NCL Escape arriving in Miami today loaded with crew. Everyone on deck with little concern for rules. This picture from Friday night 5/1/2020. crew complained ship was extremely overcrowded.  But they still hung-out  together 

image.png.cd537604d541d1950f26b78a3b319372.png

Edited by taglovestocruise

On 5/1/2020 at 10:43 AM, Biker19 said:

Where did you get that info? That max passenger count for Odyssey seems way off, should be less than 5K.

Odyssey is right around 4,900 max passengers I believe. (plus crew)

Edited by xeonpro

On 5/1/2020 at 9:26 AM, Rocket3D said:

Here's a different slant.

In order to get approval/funding for port expansion terminals in say Ft Lauderdale and Miami, they needed to agree to more passenger port days .... more port traffic = more port fees for the cities involved

Get it?

So, Navigator, Independence, and Mariner, to name a few, have shifted from longer cruises to 3 and 4 day cruises to ... guess where, their private, close-by island.  Almost doubling port fees for the govt.

It is all about money.... but virus caught the world off guard.

Anyway..... stay safe!

Typically older ships do the shorter 3/4 niters. But part reason more ships in area is due to Coco Cay. Dozens Cruises have changed to stopping there then other stops. Had 2 Cruises myself were supposed be WC, nope off to Coco Cay instead

8 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

check out todays YouTube videos of Southern Ca. opened beaches.  People packed in, no masks, no distancing,  police refusing to ticket anyone.  His medical opinion is accurate. Did you see the video today of the NCL Escape arriving in Miami today loaded with crew. Everyone on deck with little concern for rules. This picture from Friday night 5/1/2020. crew complained ship was extremely overcrowded.  But they still hung-out  together 

image.png.cd537604d541d1950f26b78a3b319372.png

Overcrowded Cali beach Videos were from last week, they were shut back down this weekend. Some ships wearing masks now, couple havent been with no cases CV and been at Sea over 14days. Here I think their having a goodbye party after Social Distancing for 2 weeks