Just a little help please

Morning everyone I have a cruise booked for June 2021 Sunshine states and sands,

since booking the price of package has gone down £350 if it continues to fall can 

i cancel and rebook without losing my £500 deposit any help please.

Morning Howard hope all is well with you and yours. No experience of this presumably it's with Tui if so no one knows better than you that the prices always fluctuate I would say wait a bit longer but I would also say its more likely that your deposit will be lost. 😥 Doesn't look like we will be travelling for a long time with what the airline's are saying for the at risk group. Will definitely have to get a season ticket if it starts again. Good luck and stay safe. 🤞 

Edited by Pensioncruiser

1 hour ago, so,ton saint said:

Morning everyone I have a cruise booked for June 2021 Sunshine states and sands,

since booking the price of package has gone down £350 if it continues to fall can 

I am also booked June 2021 (20th June) and have just had my cruise for this June 20 cancelled. I also considered cancelling and rebooking  once I get my FCC through and using the 20% incentive discount to further lower the price. 

Reading the T&C's on the bottom of my booking though it says that if you cancel then the full deposit will be lost.  I have booked next year's using the low deposit scheme and the balance of my deposit is due this month.  So I am going to pay the balance of the deposit and then wait until I get the FCC and see what the price is then to see whether it's better to cancel and lose the deposit or just to forget the 20% and use the FCC to pay towards the final balance.

If you cancel a booking you will lose your deposit, if you have paid a 'low' deposit you will have to pay the balance of the full deposit as per the T's & C's.

2 years ago we booked Fire and Ice, the price kept dropping until it was £900 less than we had paid.  We cancelled which meant we lost our £400 deposit then re booked at the lower price. We were still £500 in pocket by doing this and we managed to book the same cabin we'd just cancelled. 

5 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

If you cancel a booking you will lose your deposit, if you have paid a 'low' deposit you will have to pay the balance of the full deposit as per the T's & C's.

2 years ago we booked Fire and Ice, the price kept dropping until it was £900 less than we had paid.  We cancelled which meant we lost our £400 deposit then re booked at the lower price. We were still £500 in pocket by doing this and we managed to book the same cabin we'd just cancelled. 

Thank you P.C   Love to holiday. and Drony Girl,  all very helpful,   thank you.

Alternatively, you could look at upgrading your cabin. They will let you upgrade, and pay the difference. We went from outside to balcony (+ £100) then to junior suite (+ £23)

Unfortunately the cruise has been cancelled, and next year's equivalent was twice the price, (until that too was cancelled)

We had a cruise in a deluxe cabin to Norway booked two years ago. We had paid our deposit and upon re checking the cruise price we were gobsmacked to find the price for our cabin had been reduced by approx £900. We e- mailed TUI explaining the situation and asked them to reduce the cost we were expected to pay to reflect the new pricing of the cruise... to our great disappointment TUI ignored our repeated e-mails.

We subsequently cancelled our booking, losing deposit,...if I recall correctly, it was £300, rebooked at the new , lower price thus saving approximately £600 on what we were originally prepared to pay....

Hope this response is of some help/guidance to you.

2 hours ago, Manchester is blue said:

We had a cruise in a deluxe cabin to Norway booked two years ago. We had paid our deposit and upon re checking the cruise price we were gobsmacked to find the price for our cabin had been reduced by approx £900. We e- mailed TUI explaining the situation and asked them to reduce the cost we were expected to pay to reflect the new pricing of the cruise... to our great disappointment TUI ignored our repeated e-mails.

We subsequently cancelled our booking, losing deposit,...if I recall correctly, it was £300, rebooked at the new , lower price thus saving approximately £600 on what we were originally prepared to pay....

Hope this response is of some help/guidance to you.

Hi   M.I.B

Yep have kept  an eye on pricing and its gone down to £400 from its opening price, as ANDY24V said upgrade ihave booked a deluxe on deck 7 which has given me a stern balcony on deck 6  cabin  6122 which i have had two years ago in the Caribbean as iam more than happy with with that cabin, thanks for coming back i will have to be patience and wait and see. 

PS  i should have a discount on my season ticket.

On 5/1/2020 at 9:54 AM, so,ton saint said:

To answer the original question - no, you'll lose your deposit.

There is a sliding scale of costs involved.

How much it costs to cancel your holiday, or to remove passengers from the booking, varies depending on how much time there is before you're due to travel and which airline you're flying with.
Our cancellation charges cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements.
If you're travelling on a TUI flight as part of package, here are our cancellation charges. 

70 days or more before travel: Loss of full deposit

69 - 63 days before travel: 30% of total booking price

62 - 49 days before travel: 50% of total booking price

48 - 29 days before travel: 70% of total booking price

28 - 15 days before travel: 90% of total booking price

14 - 0 days before travel: 100% of total booking price

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask advice from everyone please?

We are booked on a Christmas cruise in the Caribbean, I know it's months away but my wife had some cancer treatment last year and is still classed as vulnerable, she is quite rightly very nervous about flying or sailing until we find a vaccine or some sort of guarantee of safety.

I have paid 2 x instalments towards the cruise, with the final payment due in September.

If i cancel, would TUI allow me to transfer the money already paid on to a holiday in 2021?

I am not sure if we had a special low cost deposit or not, so i'm not sure if i will get hit for the extra on my deposit as well.

I really don't want to hand over £3K to TUI in September and then be wishing and hoping that the cruise is cancelled.

I'm prepared to walk away from my deposit, but wondered if transferring to a holiday later on was an option or not.

Thanks for your comments.

From FAQ

If you’re travelling after 31 August, then our normal booking terms & conditions apply. If your original travel date is more than 70 days away, then you can amend for a £50pp fee.  

You may also have a case of moving cruise with mrs beng in the vulnerable group.Have you spoken to your travel insurers

Failing all that i,d wait till closer to your due balance date as you never know your cruise may well be cancelled by TUI

If your holiday falls into one of the below categories, we’re really sorry to say that it has been cancelled. 

Marella Cruises sailings on or before 30 June 2020 and all sailings detailed below
    o  All sailings on Marella Celebration
    o  Sailings on Marella Discovery 2 up to 30 April 2021
    o  Sailings on Marella Dream up to 4 May 2021
    o  Marella Discovery sailings in December 2020 and January 2021
    o  Marella Explorer 2 sailings between 5 May 2021 to 20 October 2021 

Tony 1878 - is your Xmas cruise on Explorer 2 out of Barbados ?

At the present time that is scheduled to sail as far as I can see - Dream and Discovery cruises in that area are cancelled it appears.

If so, TUI will expect you to pay the remaining deposit balance (where appropriate) and then the outstanding full balance for the cruise booking. That is their standard procedure under Ts&Cs.

If you cancel then they will retain any deposit(s) paid, - and require the full balance of the deposit (if appropriate) to be paid.

I would suggest taking medical advice from your wife's GP and seek a doctor's certificate if necessary - also approach your travel insurance company for guidance.

You have to weigh up the worst and best case scenarios - the best outcome of course would be if the cruise were to be cancelled, however in the present climate that's a crystal ball gazing exercise.

Hopefully all will turn out well for you both.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong in respect of any points.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Jim / Wee County Man, many thanks, appreciate your comments.

I'm prepared to walk away from my deposit (£500), just not sure if i had one of the lower deposit offers and they will sting me for extra cash, I paid £250 when i booked and £250 in April.

I could kick myself on the holiday insurance, i am covered seperately from my wife, i took out a policy for her last year detailing all the treatments etc, it expired at the end of March and as we didn't think that we would be going anywhere, at least until the end of the year,  i didn't renew the policy.

She was covered at the time of booking though.

Normally i would just give them a call and have a chat, see what options are open........................ yeah right :)

thanks all

8 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

Morning all just one more thing, can i change from my cruise in 2021 to a land based holiday and use my deposit of £500 with a admendment fee, thanks again

Hi Howard hope all is well , never experienced this but I am certain I have read on the Tui site that it's OK but I can't find it. Have you noticed who has one of the first matches 😁

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Hi Howard hope all is well , never experienced this but I am certain I have read on the Tui site that it's OK but I can't find it. Have you noticed who has one of the first matches 😁

THERE,S  ONLY ONE ASTON VILLA   or i could say c,mon you Saints

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 8:15 AM, so,ton saint said:

Morning all just one more thing, can i change from my cruise in 2021 to a land based holiday and use my deposit of £500 with a admendment fee, thanks again

Have been in touch with TUI and asked about amending my cruise for a land based holiday or a cruise closer to home, the answer was by all means, but it will cost £50 each amendment fee,  yep more than happy.

3 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

Have been in touch with TUI and asked about amending my cruise for a land based holiday or a cruise closer to home, the answer was by all means, but it will cost £50 each amendment fee,  yep more than happy.

Maybe come over to the best side of Hampshire 😂 PUP 🙈👏

On 5/1/2020 at 9:54 AM, so,ton saint said:

Good luck tonight 👍