NCL poor customer relations! What are they thinking??

Theboss17

Final payment for my Alaska cruise came due during this pandemic.   I knew in my heart of hearts that eventually my cruise would be cancelled but if I didn't pay it off, I would not receive a 100% refund.     I decided to wait it out and this week I got the email giving me the option to get a future cruise credit or apply for a full refund.  So for now, the bank of NCL has my money and when the form becomes available next week I will ask for my refund and then wait 60 to 90 days.   By the way, when final payment was due, I was having a banking issue and asked for a one day extension which they denied.

They are very nice. My cancellation form isn't available yet, but they offered me a future credit via email which was what I paid them minus the insurance. I guess they would like to keep that and maybe the world points why they are at it.

15 minutes ago, HowardK said:

They are very nice. My cancellation form isn't available yet, but they offered me a future credit via email which was what I paid them minus the insurance. I guess they would like to keep that and maybe the world points why they are at it.

Insurance purchased through NCL is included in the FCC.

Note that it says it will be issued as a separate FCC.

image.thumb.png.c4f8bfb1290fe2436f50016f719b8a2a.png

5 hours ago, funat55 said:

Final payment for my Alaska cruise came due during this pandemic.   I knew in my heart of hearts that eventually my cruise would be cancelled but if I didn't pay it off, I would not receive a 100% refund.     I decided to wait it out and this week I got the email giving me the option to get a future cruise credit or apply for a full refund.  So for now, the bank of NCL has my money and when the form becomes available next week I will ask for my refund and then wait 60 to 90 days.   By the way, when final payment was due, I was having a banking issue and asked for a one day extension which they denied.

This doesn't make sense???   Before final payment-   which you state was in the future-  for your cruise-  deposits are fully refundable.     There was no reason to "pay it off".      Unless-  you were on the "payment plan"??    

I doubt that they are not helping their passengers out. Its the matter of bank relations and their management which might have other interest in the occurred situation.  As far as their customer service goes, I  never heard of any problems on that side. As far as refunds are concerned, well, they are holding on to that money the more they can but its not like they will fail to reimburse you when the time comes 

Hi Everyone, in regards to FFC on my account I have the following:

Your 25% Single Use FCC Package Credit,

Does anyone know if this is for the Dining and Beverage packages we bought

Thanks