Balcony 8B & 8C Difference

nlktx49

Just used our FCC from cancelled April cruise to book Ultra cruise in late November. Brother-in-law & wife going, too. We're on Deck 7 on the Freedom, both in Balcony cabins. Ours is classed 8B and theirs is 8C. I can't find anywhere on Carnival's website that explains the difference. Drawing of cabin interiors and furnishings both look the same. Can someone help me on this?

8 minutes ago, nlktx49 said:

Just used our FCC from cancelled April cruise to book Ultra cruise in late November. Brother-in-law & wife going, too. We're on Deck 7 on the Freedom, both in Balcony cabins. Ours is classed 8B and theirs is 8C. I can't find anywhere on Carnival's website that explains the difference. Drawing of cabin interiors and furnishings both look the same. Can someone help me on this?

They are the same essentially. I am guessing the 8C is midship while the 8B is forward or aft. Then on the deck above the 8C will likely be forward or aft and then midship would be 8D. The cabin amenities are all the same for regular balcony rooms. It is just the location and deck level that changes the classification. Higher decks are higher categories.

On deck 7 of the Freedom according to the deck plans, 8B cabins are at the extreme front of the ship, and back of the rear elevators.

8C cabins are between the midship elevators and the rear elevators.

The cabins are the same.  Location is the only difference.

As a general rule midship cabins such as 8C are priced slightly higher than front and aft cabins on the same deck.

I hope you enjoy the Freedom.  She's my favorite Carnival ship.

6 minutes ago, nlktx49 said:

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I strongly suspect 8B is considered a Forward location and 8C is Midship location.  I went through this just last month when booking a balcony room on the Sunshine.  

3 minutes ago, Silent Penguin said:

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I strongly suspect 8B is considered a Forward location and 8C is Midship location.  I went through this just last month when booking a balcony room on the Sunshine.  

8B is forward or aft on deck 7 of the Freedom but if you go down to deck 6 then 8B is midship.