Carnival using 18 ships to repatriate crew

jimbo5544

59 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Is this airline bringing back crew?

That's what the poster said:

23 hours ago, jetwet1 said:

Philippine Airlines is now running charter flights  MNL-MIA-MNL to repatriate crew. The flight out of MNL was non stop (16 hours), as the first flight hasn't left MIA yet I don't know where they will be stopping on the way back.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 11:41 PM, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

Diggerof4 - You'd think it might be like that. But sadly, that hasn't been the case for long-stranded crew members - not even close:

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/coronavirus/nightmare-at-sea-ends-in-death-for-some-cruise-ship-workers

https://crew-center.com/crew-member-reportedly-commits-suicide-carnival-breeze

I was just trying to make some light humor, because it seems like all I read is so depressing.  Will go on a cruise, or won't you, face mask vs non face mask, ports closed, vaccine ...etc.  Just trying to put some positive humor into the situation.  BUT reality this is all new to us and the guidelines and the future "standard",  we do not have any idea how it will be. I told my DH a couple of months ago with this face mask situation, those who wear vs those who don't.. I never thought I would live long enough to see a new type of predigest. Our cruise was cancelled. We opt for next year from what they offered us, but in the back of my mind I am wondering if I made the correct choice (as in business monetary way)   

Thank you for articles. Oh, and I know I am going to get a lot of backlash on that comment I made about a new kind of predigest.  You will have to separate your thought process.  I am talking how one feels about wearing vs not wearing a mask and how that individual feels.  Again about feelings, not the bio chem of science. 

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Some are, many are not.  Still stuck on the ships over there

I am sure some of them are stuck, but I thought there still had to have a crew aboard the ship to keep maintained. Plus I am sure they did a deep intensive  cleaning as well.   The ships aren't dry dock, so I am sure there has to be some staff remains behind. 

1 hour ago, Diggerof4 said:

I am sure some of them are stuck, but I thought there still had to have a crew aboard the ship to keep maintained. Plus I am sure they did a deep intensive  cleaning as well.   The ships aren't dry dock, so I am sure there has to be some staff remains behind. 

There are