Did you get only half future cruise credits for your NCL cabin?

Our June 2020 cruise was cancelled due to covid 19. When I checked my NCL account it appeared to only have half credit. I called my travel agent, she was stymied. Turns out NCL assigned my husband (staying in my cabin, paid for with the same credit card, at the same time) his own latitudes number and his credit was put into a different account. Perhaps this is common knowledge but was news to both me and my travel agent so I thought I’d post it here in case other have the same issue. Call NCL, ask them for the latitudes numbers associated with a given cabin. 

Edited by mamabear52
Extra word

Yes, this is the way they are doing it.  A bit confusing at first when you see the "incorrect" number but what's really annoying is that some have posted that they are crediting minor children in the same manner.  Obviously the parents paid for the cruise and may not want to take the kids next time.  My understanding is that, if you are eligible to request a refund (i.e., your cruise was cancelled by NCL not you) it will become a moot point as it will all go back to the credit card it was charged on.  If you are planning to go with the FCC then the separate accounts for each passenger may or may not be a problem depending on your circumstances.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Yes, this is the way they are doing it.  A bit confusing at first when you see the "incorrect" number but what's really annoying is that some have posted that they are crediting minor children in the same manner.  Obviously the parents paid for the cruise and may not want to take the kids next time.  My understanding is that, if you are eligible to request a refund (i.e., your cruise was cancelled by NCL not you) it will become a moot point as it will all go back to the credit card it was charged on.  If you are planning to go with the FCC then the separate accounts for each passenger may or may not be a problem depending on your circumstances.

Well...I don't know about "obviously"...I mean, the cruise could have been paid for by Grandma or maybe it was a gift from someone else. You really can't say with 100% certainty.

Seems more logical that if you are issuing a cruise credit that it should go to each person who was going to be on the cruise...not to the person who used their credit card for payment.

In my case, I had a cruise booked with my brother. We each paid for half. However, since I have an NCL credit card and my brother does not, we used the NCL credit card for the entire payment so we could get the double WorldPoints. After cancellation we each got our money back in an FCC. Since my brother paid for half it really would not have been fair if they would have given me all of the FCC since my credit card was used for payment. Right?

12 hours ago, mamabear52 said:

Call NCL, ask them for the latitudes numbers associated with a given cabin. 

If you have the booking confirmation email your latitude numbers should show up on there even if it’s a first timer.