NCL is now putting crew at risk?

43 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

Missed this from earlier.  Very good.

Can we all imagine if such highly managed precautions were made in the NY/NJ/CT area? 

Tri-airport passengers counts, for Jan-Feb (they have not published Mar (**) were 20 million); on and off the planes, gates, terminals, luggage, metro transport, etc.).

https://www.panynj.gov/airports/en/statistics-general-info.html

Subways, etc. open (not even cleaned until last week!!!!).

Tragic 

5 hours ago, Formula280SS said:

Missed this from earlier.  Very good.

Can we all imagine if such highly managed precautions were made in the NY/NJ/CT area? 

Tri-airport passengers counts, for Jan-Feb (they have not published Mar (**) were 20 million); on and off the planes, gates, terminals, luggage, metro transport, etc.).

https://www.panynj.gov/airports/en/statistics-general-info.html

Subways, etc. open (not even cleaned until last week!!!!).

Then, this "area," let's call it Earth-Wuhan2, not only allows 20 million passengers to come and go, but doesn't lock down (Wuhan locked down to all of the rest of China) to protect the rest of the country?  They allowed those who could to "escape" to Long Island, Florida, Southern Eastern coastal states (and even NH, VT and ME)?

Does that make any sense?  

Certain theorists' view the cruise industry as the highest order of a petri dish; yet NYC tri-area, representing 2/3 of infections and deaths, are to be memorialized for their 'great response?  With the appropriate protocols, there would not have been the level of response so lauded.

20 million airport passengers Jan-Feb.  20 million.  Hundreds of thousands of infections and tens of thousands of deaths.

The political priority?

2 CCL subsidiary cruise ships, in the Far East, in the hundreds of deaths; and other cruise lines had 'some also.

This has a political pandemic factor that cannot be overlooked.

Oooops, forgot.  Let's keep the airlines open during March and April.  LOL.  

Thanks China, with honorable mention to Cuomo.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 11:09 PM, megansdad1 said:

I just read a news article about crew members.  They are reporting that they are forced into room together and NCL is not caring much about keeping them distanced.  Is this must another way for NCL to try to save some money? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8282685/Norwegian-Escape-cruise-workers-share-rooms-amid-coronavirus-pandemic-despite-big-space-availability.html

13 hours ago, cruiser4801 said:

What NCL has shown us by their actions throughout the Pandemic is that the only people NCL cares for less than its customers is its crew. NCL's former loyal customers won't forget their actions. 

This is only an issue if you believe the fake news on the internet. 

For the crew being consolidated from the small ships, the guest cabins they are in are double or triple the sized of their shared crew cabin on their original ship. Most of the crew have been solo in guest cabins completing their 14-day quarantine before heading home. Now, a guest cabin shared with another crew member is not good enough. They certainly didn't mind partying without social distancing on deck. 

All of this is happening because the United States will not allow the cruise lines to disembark crew to take charter flights home. The flights were all set until the CDC established unachievable criteria. 

On 5/3/2020 at 11:09 PM, megansdad1 said:

I just read a news article about crew members.  They are reporting that they are forced into room together and NCL is not caring much about keeping them distanced.  Is this must another way for NCL to try to save some money? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8282685/Norwegian-Escape-cruise-workers-share-rooms-amid-coronavirus-pandemic-despite-big-space-availability.html

13 hours ago, cruiser4801 said:

What NCL has shown us by their actions throughout the Pandemic is that the only people NCL cares for less than its customers is its crew. NCL's former loyal customers won't forget their actions. 

This is only an issue if you believe the fake news on the internet. 

For the crew being consolidated from the small ships, the guest cabins they are in are double or triple the sized of their shared crew cabin on their original ship. Most of the crew have been solo in guest cabins completing their 14-day quarantine before heading home. Now, a guest cabin shared with another crew member is not good enough. They certainly didn't mind partying without social distancing on deck. 

All of this is happening because the United States will not allow the cruise lines to disembark crew to take charter flights home. The flights were all set until the CDC established unachievable criteria. 

On the other hand, I believe they are restricting crew back to crew only cabins, as they transition the crew to minimum and prepare the ship for warm lay up, they are cleaning the guest cabins and want to leave them that way, so crew are being moved back.  As I've noted, with a closed group, social distancing does not matter anywhere near what it does when you have outside contact.

• Like 1

Just now, chengkp75 said:

On the other hand, I believe they are restricting crew back to crew only cabins, as they transition the crew to minimum and prepare the ship for warm lay up, they are cleaning the guest cabins and want to leave them that way, so crew are being moved back.  As I've noted, with a closed group, social distancing does not matter anywhere near what it does when you have outside contact.

I think the cruise lines are consolidating furloughed employees onto a few ships to take them where they can catch a plane home. That's why there might not be enough crew cabins.

5 minutes ago, fshagan said:

I think the cruise lines are consolidating furloughed employees onto a few ships to take them where they can catch a plane home. That's why there might not be enough crew cabins.

For those "transport" ships, yes, but even then, I don't see that NCL would want the entire ship used for berthing, and maybe they have enough crew to be transported that they need to double in pax cabins, but there is little risk of infection even still.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 12:29 AM, chengkp75 said:

For those "transport" ships, yes, but even then, I don't see that NCL would want the entire ship used for berthing, and maybe they have enough crew to be transported that they need to double in pax cabins, but there is little risk of infection even still.

chengkp75

I read all of your posts out of long term respect for your knowledge and input.

Can you give an overall, broad assessment of how you see "this" playing out with regard to the cruise industry.

It's a tall task, not required to do so, and no immediacy, but it would be appreciated; maybe a new thread.

We all read all of the cruise industry websites, the ports/states news releases, the cruise line releases, CC, etc.  I can't think of anyone else that could give us an independent "where are we" and "when will we" and "how will we" than you.

Thanks, again no obligation.