Medic Alert Necklace offered by the cruiseline? Very odd

When I called today to switch my booking, I got a recorded message to Press (I forgot what #) if you are over 60 to get a special offer. I pressed it and the woman answered "Medical Department". I thought I had the wrong number and told her I wanted to switch my booking. Then she went on about how I am eligible for a Medic Alert necklace since I am over 60. I told her I do not want one but she was very persistent telling me but you never know when you will fall and we will ship it for free. I told her I run 10 miles a week, workout in a gym 5 days a week, have no medical conditions and am not worried about falling right now she still went on and on and said hold on and I'll  switch you over to a representative to take down my information. With that, I ended up hanging up the phone and calling back. I've never heard of this before from a cruise line pushing medic alerts. Why are they doing that?

Edited by lauren0309
misspelling

3 hours ago, lauren0309 said:

When I called today to switch my booking, I got a recorded message to Press (I forgot what #) if you are over 60 to get a special offer. I pressed it and the woman answered "Medical Department". I thought I had the wrong number and told her I wanted to switch my booking. Then she went on about how I am eligible for a Medic Alert necklace since I am over 60. I told her I do not want one but she was very persistent telling me but you never know when you will fall and we will ship it for free. I told her I run 10 miles a week, workout in a gym 5 days a week, have no medical conditions and am not worried about falling right now she still went on and on and said hold on and I'll  switch you over to a representative to take down my information. With that, I ended up hanging up the phone and calling back. I've never heard of this before from a cruise line pushing medic alerts. Why are they doing that?

It's a number hack and you misdialed. I have encountered that as well, and they are very insistent about selling <giving> you their product. Same thing happened when I misdialed my medical insurance provider. 

• Like 2