Vacation Protection Plan not refunded

tonandtay

Our July cruise was cancelled. I booked another cruise for December and the amount I had paid for my July cruise was credited toward that. Everything except what we paid for the Vacation Protection Plan.  Everywhere I look, it says that will be refunded as well. Does it take longer to refund the protection plan than it does the rest? 

59 minutes ago, tonandtay said:

Our July cruise was cancelled. I booked another cruise for December and the amount I had paid for my July cruise was credited toward that. Everything except what we paid for the Vacation Protection Plan.  Everywhere I look, it says that will be refunded as well. Does it take longer to refund the protection plan than it does the rest? 

I'm still waiting on a FTTF refund from March. I would say you're in the "up to 90 days" refund boat with lots of us on here. 

Edited by JaxsMama
Typo

My trip insurance was carried over to a new booking as on board credit. I had no objection because I usually spend more than that.

Carnival does owe me a $200. refund for a deposit I paid for an August cruise that was cancelled. Carnival's reservation system (Sabre) shows it was refunded, but my bank has not seen the money. They told me at my bank that it is taking 30 days or more for the money to hit the Automated Clearing House (ACH) with funds from Carnival.