What Are The First Few Things You Do When You Board?

kbt2

Thought I'd like to hear what some of you do once you first cross that gangway for your cruise...wow what a feeling, right? I can taste it now while thinking about it. LOL

We grab those tootie fruitie drinks they hand you once you step onto the ship, then scurry off to our cabin, drop off belongings. Then we go make Portofino's/Spa treatment appointments. Then bam...we are out on the pool deck with cocktails in hand, ready to party..then crap! the Muster Drill announcements start...stopping the party on deck. So go to the Muster Drill, with excitment...yeah right... After dropping off life vests... we hurry up on deck for sailaway...an we're off! Yiippee!

how about all of you...would love to hear your rituals. :)

After we drop off our carryons off in the cabin we jump up and down screaming "we're on VACATION" we make a tour of the ship to get the feel of the layout. Head up to the Windjammer for little food then get a few pictures around the ship.

We usually say "we're here...woohooo" and then grab a drink. We then head to the room and drop off our stuff. Then we head to the dinning room to see where out table is and then back on deck to check out the views and maybe another drink. We sometimes will head to the Windjammer to grab a bite. ( as you can tell we usually board as early as possible ) We'll grab another drink and walk around for awhile, then off to the muster drill. After that we either hang on the party deck or sometimes go back to the room and hang on the balcony while we pull out. Our friends usually bring a blender so we make our own foo foo drinks....lol

We're off to the Southern on Serenade on March 4th from San Juan.

First thing we do is tell our four kids "OK kids, you're on your own, meet us on deck in seven days."

heh, just kidding.

We always get there as early as possible, run up to eat, explore the ship, THEN tell our four kids: "OK kids, you're on your own, meet us on deck in seven days.":p

We throw our jeans on in anticipation of formal night.

THEN we tell our four kids they are on their own. We'll see you in seven days. We also tell them to run wild throughout the ship with no regard to others.

We then save a lounge chair by the pool for the entire cruise.

We then plot how we are going to consume 1,469 soft drinks during the cruise using only one soda card.

Lets see ....... is there any other hot button topic I missed?

Dr. E :) ;)

legal disclaimer: The above is satire. It is in no way meant to be taken seriously. Should the above pertain to any person or persons, living or dead, it is purely coincidental.

THEN we tell our four kids they are on their own. We'll see you in seven days. We also tell them to run wild throughout the ship with no regard to others.

We then plot how we are going to consume 1,469 soft drinks during the cruise using only one soda card.

legal disclaimer: The above is satire. It is in no way meant to be taken seriously. Should the above pertain to any person or persons, living or dead, it is purely coincidental.

I assume you are going to give each of the kids a walkie talkie, with instructions to keep it off vibrate, volume on max and talk all day long to all of the friends they meet. LOL

Your too late on the deck chair, I usually get the best one by getting someone on the previous cruise to pick it out for me. They leave stuff on the chairs as they are leaving that morning.:D

We get to the pier right around noon most of the time - by the time we check in and board the ship (unless things are really going crazy) it's generally nudging up to 1:00. We're pretty habitual.

1. Go to the room to check it out...drop off junk and pick up a copy of the newsletter.

2. Head up to the buffet for lunch - read the newsletter during lunch.

3. Locate our dining room and our table and/or (if needed) change to early dinner seating.

4. Tour the ship (to get our bearings)

5. Return to our room around 2:30 to see if our luggage has been delivered. If it's there...unpack

6. Give DH's suit to our steward for pressing (if needed)

7. Go to the mandatory drill

8. Return to the room to drop off the life jackets...and finish unpacking.

9. Sometimes (depending) we'll head up to the bon-voyage party.

Our tradition is to go to our room to drop off our carryons. We then head directly to the Pool Bar for our first of many. It's always nice when we bring a newbie with us. We don't let them walk around until after our first drink and then we'll explore with them. It's always great seeing the ship through new eyes. It makes it like the first time seeing through their eyes.

... to make sure they push all the elevator buttons each and every time they get on!!!

But seriously, folks, our first item of business is to make friends with the first bar waiter we see!!

Randiance is leaving Vancouver at 5:30. What time are you allowed to start boarding? The restaurants are open that early??? I am touring that morning and the tour is dropping us off at the pier at 12:30, so was just curious if we can board at that time. :)

Only the buffet will be open at about noon, lots of people try to get to the pier around 11 or 11:30, and if your documents are all in order you should probably be on the ship within an hour.

Cabins are ready about 1 or 1:30pm, so you may be able to drop off your carryon before heading up to the buffet or exploring the ship without having to drag anything along with you.

Enjoy your tour....... and your cruise.

Bev

1. Drop off carry-ons in cabin (if open)
  2. Grab a bite to eat in Windjammer
  3. Explore ship so we get familiar with it, taking pictures as we go
  4. Pick up life vests in cabin & go to muster drill
  5. Drop off life vests in cabin after muster drill
  6. Meet up with our Cruise Critic friends on deck for sail away!!! (Hi Fitz!):D

We're all feeling nice before the Muster Drill...no flames coming from this direction, for sure!

And Lamar cheeks...love the meet the kids in 7 days...got a real kick out of that one!

First thing we do is tell our four kids "OK kids, you're on your own, meet us on deck in seven days."

heh, just kidding.

We always get there as early as possible, run up to eat, explore the ship, THEN tell our four kids: "OK kids, you're on your own, meet us on deck in seven days.":p

That is funny. I needed that giggle for today. Thanks

Kim

heh, just kidding.

I am with ya....except ours is 5 kids and 5 days til we meet them on deck YAAAHOOOO!!!:D

Our first cruise we made the mistake of not bringing bathing suits in carry-on. Of course, the first drink, checking out kids activities, eating, exploring the ship filled the time.

For our next cruise[45 days:D and counting], I will wear the suit, definitely get the drink, drop off the carry-on, eat then relax by the pool.

Sounds like we may be a little different from the rest of you...we like head directly to the Promenade cafe for lunch and drinks. The Windjammer is way too much of a mob scene, and we love the special sandwiches, desserts and drinks available at the Promenade. We've been on the Mariner twice now, and can't wait to board her again on 2/19! I can already taste that ice cold Corona now!!! :-)

I think I'm the freak here - I can't "relax" and enjoy until everything on my list is checked off - things mentioned such as table arrangements, reservations and muster, hopefully unpacking too but that varies depending on luggage delivery. And again to point out how strange I am, I really enjoy the Muster Drill. There's just something about it that tickles me - probably it's imagining what it would look like in a real emergency compared to what I am seeing during the drill. Am I alone on this or are there others that don't find muster a bother and a bore? Once EVERYTHING is done, THEN I dismiss the child for the week and raise my glass to vacation.

Archived