NCL at it again... love to hear all the NCL lovers weigh in on this one.......

Theboss17

I guess I am missing the outrage.  My employer enforces similar restrictions and made it very clear they were in effect at the beginning of all this. 

Edited by ray98
  • Like 3

Try and post something similar about your employer or have an employee post something bad about your company and see how fast your job will continue. They are are stuck there not because of NCL but because of the CDC in at least the US. The Gem so far is the only ship that NCL has so far and most of the other ships have been quarantined well beyond the 14 days required.

The Boss is only trying to start trouble, nothing else.

Edited by phillyguy31
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, phillyguy31 said:

Try and post something similar about your employer or have an employee post something bad about your company and see how fast your job will continue. They are are stuck there not because of NCL but because of the CDC in at least the US. The Gem so far is the only ship that NCL has so far and most of the other ships have been quarantined well beyond the 14 days required.

Take a look at the activity of this poster.  There is obviously some hard feelings towards NCL.  So what do they do, come to their board and hang out.  Sounds like they need a hobby.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, ray98 said:

I guess I am missing the outrage.  My employer enforces similar restrictions.

Many employers have no posting on social media policies.  It just sounds like NCL has it in the crew's contracts and is enforcing it.

• Like 4

Just now, NLH Arizona said:

Many employers have no posting on social media policies.  It just sounds like NCL has it in the crew's contracts and is enforcing it.

Absolutely.  It was made very clear in the beginning that the policies would be enforced.  In my example everyone was encouraged to review the social media policy, policies that relates to publishing information about daily operations or audience restricted material, along with our medical privacy policies.

• Like 2

Just now, ray98 said:

Absolutely.  It was made very clear in the beginning that the policies would be enforced.  In my example everyone was encouraged to review the social media policy, policies that relates to publishing information about daily operations or audience restricted material, along with our medical privacy policies.

I just can't figure out why it is such a big deal to some, since so many companies have this policy.  Maybe some aren't in the business world where this is a standard policy.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NLH Arizona said:

I just can't figure out why it is such a big deal to some, since so many companies have this policy.  Maybe some aren't in the business world where this is a standard policy.

....or they just have an agenda.  When that is the case the truth no longer becomes a factor.

Edited by ray98
  • Like 4

just like I thought.....  So holding them no longer receiving pay and telling them they could have 'prosecution by shoreside authorities" for speaking on a policy is ok to you..  WOW ..  some of you'll need to rethink.. let these people go home if they choses. NCL did not reply .  Oh wait NCL doesn't reply to many other articles .. probably best as they keep digging them self deeper in lies.....    my employer of over 200k  and 90 years in business would never threaten any one of us. Do we have a media posting policy absolutely but would never threaten us.   

Edited by Theboss17

13 minutes ago, Theboss17 said:

just like I thought.....  So holding them no longer receiving pay and telling them they could have 'prosecution by shoreside authorities" for speaking on a policy is ok to you..  WOW ..  some of you'll need to rethink.. let these people go home if they choses. NCL did not reply .  Oh wait NCL doesn't reply to many other articles .. probably best as they keep digging them self deeper in lies.....    my employer of over 200k  and 90 years in business would never threaten any one of us. Do we have a media posting policy absolutely but would never threaten us.   

Wow.  Spare us the lecture from your soapbox.  We get it, you don't like NCL.  

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Theboss17 said:

Jim...  it is just facts !!!  

In your eyes, I'm sure it's factual.  But you have no idea of the employment contract they signed.  As others have said, I would have been fired for something similar.  But you can have your selective outrage.  I guess it works for you.  

• Like 4

OK so you want the facts....

They are not being held by NCL rather the CDC is preventing them from leaving the ship and getting a flight home even though they have shown no signs of illness for over 30 days and are quarantined out at sea.

Are they getting paid, who knows the exact details, but they are getting free room and board and they are not required to work except maybe keep their own room clean.

If your employer does have a social media policy and suspects that someone is breaking it to post negative things about them see how fast it is brought up and the repercussions are if you break the rules.

Edited by phillyguy31
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, JimR24 said:

In your eyes, I'm sure it's factual.  But you have no idea of the employment contract they signed.  As others have said, I would have been fired for something similar.  But you can have your selective outrage.  I guess it works for you.  

See now your thinking. .. fire them! release them from NCL and go about you business not threaten them..  See that is where NCL went wrong and that is why it ended up in the news.... I did not make this stuff up... lol

5 minutes ago, phillyguy31 said:

OK so you want the facts....

They are not being held by NCL rather the CDC is preventing them from leaving the ship and getting a flight home even though they have shown no signs of illness for over 30 days and are quarantined out at sea.

If your employer does have a social media policy and suspects that someone is breaking it to post negative things about them see how fast it is brought up and the repercussions are if you break the rules.

Like to see proof of that "CDC is preventing them from leaving the ship and getting a flight home even though they have shown no signs of illness for over 30 days"

47 minutes ago, JimR24 said:

Philly wrote :

Take a look at the activity of this poster.  There is obviously some hard feelings towards NCL.  So what do they do, come to their board and hang out.  Sounds like they need a hobby.

Agreed:  Mod's Jenn and Star  --->  Time to take some action

• Like 4

Just now, panamatiger said:

Agreed:  Mod's Jenn and Star  --->  Time to take some action

I'm done with him.  He has an agenda and thats to make NCL look bad.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Theboss17 said:

So in the news again "Crew stuck for weeks on board Norwegian Cruise Line ship threatened with 'prosecution by shoreside authorities' ..  here is the article .. Lets hear it NCL defenders .. lol..  

https://news.yahoo.com/leaked-audio-crew-stuck-weeks-212320510.html  ......

Stop trolling the NCL boards. We get it. You do not like NCL. Find a cruise line you like and post on those boards instead of coming here with your nonsense!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, yankees111 said:

Stop trolling the NCL boards. We get it. You do not like NCL. Find a cruise line you like and post on those boards instead of coming here with your nonsense!

Boom, Roasted! - to quote Michael Scott.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Theboss17 said:

I don't work for NCL. Don't care. Not my problem. Same goes with your job and your employer.

Most of the crew still on every ]cruise ship on every line is no longer getting paid... basically only essential crew to keeping the ship running bare bones are getting paid.... he makes it seem like this is only an NCL thing,

• Like 1