Grand Cayman to remain closed to at least September 1,2020

VFL Cruiser

I've done some carnival cruises where we skipped a port and they gave us a paper handout as we boarded, changed ports, or dropped one, port fees will be refunded.

Rcl sends it out via email and gives you the chance to take obc or cancel. Ccl never offered me extra obc for missing a port in the last 10 years, and I've missed a few. 

That's why I'm curious if august cruisers going to grand cayman will get a offer or just a notice as usual

18 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've done some carnival cruises where we skipped a port and they gave us a paper handout as we boarded, changed ports, or dropped one, port fees will be refunded.

Rcl sends it out via email and gives you the chance to take obc or cancel. Ccl never offered me extra obc for missing a port in the last 10 years, and I've missed a few. 

That's why I'm curious if august cruisers going to grand cayman will get a offer or just a notice as usual

We were on Horizon March 7-15. That was right after the Magic got denied debarkation in Grand Turk, which was supposed to be our first port. I had my suspicions that we wouldn't get to go and, sure enough, the captain announced at muster that, with Grand Turk's stricter guidelines for ships, we weren't even going to attempt it, so they changed us to Nassau instead. We were already given $200/cabin just for keeping the booking, so I didn't think they'd give us any more...which they didn't. Maybe if we had lost a stop altogether. My wife's cousin, who was with us, talked to a woman who said she complained at GS about losing Grand Turk, so they gave her an additional $100 OBC. They had no reason to do it since it's in the contract that the itinerary can change, not to mention they gave us another port to replace the one we lost. So she was lucky they were feeling generous.

On 5/10/2020 at 12:38 PM, beachbum53 said:

Since so many people are eager to go on a cruise again as soon as possible, and some ports won't be open any time soon to welcome cruisers, I wonder if Carnival will have some "cruises to nowhere" (with limited capacity), just to satisfy those that are going stir crazy?

That would be fine with us..

7 minutes ago, outdoors27 said:

That would be fine with us..

I think we will go somewhere, maybe a island, maybe some wierd port like costa maya that isnt my favorite. I don't think mexico is as tied up tight as some other places. 

They will find some international port so it meets legal requirements.. just might not be the ports you signed up for. That's my prediction. I'm just curious when carnival tells us.