How to get a refund of airfare from Eclipse 1st & 15th March cruises

seahappy08

Any help from people in the UK that were on this btb cruise of South America that ended in San Diego, would be appreciated. As you know on the 14th March we were told that we were going to debark in San Antonio, Chile as the cruise was not going to continue to San Diego, USA. We all had to pack our suitcases as we had to leave the ship the next morning. There was a mad scramble to book flights home, which we had to do independently as it was very difficult to get through to any airline. We did not have Choice Air so Celebrity would not help us.

We managed to book but as it was less than 3 days before the flight we could not cancel when we were prevented from leaving the ship. Some people on the 15th April cruise that could not board the ship have been fully reimbursed their airfare. I know their circumstances are different but has anyone from the UK received any money from Celebrity for these flights to nowhere?

Hi,  We were due to embark on this trip and had flown out from Manchester, UK on the 13th March. We ended up doing a bit of a road trip instead.  Have you enquired with your insurance company under the missed departure clause.  You could not get off the ship, so in effect missed your departure? Just a thought.  Also, have you spoken to the airline? They all had flexibility policies in place, perhaps you could negotiate a credit note.  Good luck, it was all a big mess.

I am n the States. Was also on the March 1st cruising. I also made us air reservations for the 16th. Could not get through to the airline until the 19th. They kinda jacked me around. When I got home on the 31st, called credit card company & disputed the charge. Received a full refund with in 2 weeks. Good luck

2 hours ago, FOXTROT said:

I am n the States. Was also on the March 1st cruising. I also made us air reservations for the 16th. Could not get through to the airline until the 19th. They kinda jacked me around. When I got home on the 31st, called credit card company & disputed the charge. Received a full refund with in 2 weeks. Good luck

Which airline was that?  We have also disputed the charge after UA told us they would issue a voucher.  We don't want a voucher for future travel that may never happen.  We want the cash refunded.

ASAP do a credit card third party default.

Have your paperwork available and include any Celebrity gobbledygook about refunds etc. 

What will typically happen is the CC will issue a temporary refund to your card. Do not touch it. My CC Chase has given my cruise line 45 days to issue my deposit refund, if they fail, the temporary refund from the CC is permanent.

Do NOT delay, get going before the CC's are even more overwhelmed. 

9 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Which airline was that?  We have also disputed the charge after UA told us they would issue a voucher.  We don't want a voucher for future travel that may never happen.  We want the cash refunded.

Our first flight was on United, they refunded right away. The problem flight was Latam.