No Excuse for NOT Processing Refunds!!!!

Loracpin2

21 hours ago, chasinraynbowz said:

Carnival owes me money also.  We rescheduled our May cruise that was cancelled, but had paid for shore excursions, so that's the money we are waiting on.

I was also booked on a European NCL cruise with airfare from AA.  I was told and received my refund from NCL within 20 days of requesting it.  American Airlines took about the same time, but I had to ask twice (they tried telling me my flights were non refundable when they in fact cancelled them) but I still got that back in approx. 20 days also. 

Not sure why it's taking 90 days for Carnival.

You were one of the lucky ones. A quick perusal of the NCL board shows that NCL wasn't issuing refunds to anyone for a cancelled sailing but a future cruise credit instead. In a thread by a gentleman who was upset that the FCC was divided among all of the passengers on the booking (which is industry standard I believe) someone posted this:

"Guests who prefer to not take advantage of a future cruise credit for suspended sailings scheduled to embark beginning May 15, 2020, can elect to receive a lesser refund to the original form of payment 90 days after submitting a Refund Form which will be located on this page on May 7, 2020 and must be submitted no later than May 13, 2020."

On 5/11/2020 at 12:01 AM, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

The CCL defense is a joke. Not enough staff, not enough time, dog ate the homework ... 🤥

Yet there is ALWAYS sufficient personnel and bandwidth to process new bookings. Anyone been told "We apologize for the delay, but processing your deposit could take up to 90 days"?

In a time when people complain how no one takes personal accountability, isn't it remarkable how some here would try to excuse a multi-billion-dollar foreign corporation for keeping somebody else's money for up to three months? Let's see Carnival, HAL and Princess start taking some responsibility.

The internet is full of experts. Let's see you run a large corporation and handle hundreds of thousands of refunds due to an unexpected crisis. I know no one will ever be convinced, but automating millions of dollars of refunds can go bad in so many ways. Automating bookings is far different.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

You were one of the lucky ones. A quick perusal of the NCL board shows that NCL wasn't issuing refunds to anyone for a cancelled sailing but a future cruise credit instead. In a thread by a gentleman who was upset that the FCC was divided among all of the passengers on the booking (which is industry standard I believe) someone posted this:

"Guests who prefer to not take advantage of a future cruise credit for suspended sailings scheduled to embark beginning May 15, 2020, can elect to receive a lesser refund to the original form of payment 90 days after submitting a Refund Form which will be located on this page on May 7, 2020 and must be submitted no later than May 13, 2020."

Yes, I was one of the lucky ones.  Our friends from Australia who were going to be sailing with us had to cancel due to the virus, so we all cancelled early on.  

On 5/10/2020 at 2:47 PM, BlerkOne said:

Nobody has been denied a refund for a cancelled cruise.

BleckOne is RIGHT ... Received refund for April 18 cruise on 5/7 to credit card... Received Gift Card refund for our May 2 cruise today via Fed X today for $1410.02 . So ... YES they are trying to get the refunds to everyone as fast as they can! As far as I can see Carnival is bending over backwards and are being way more generous than any other company out there! Kudos to Carnival and their Amazing Staff!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hmdecor said:

BleckOne is RIGHT ... Received refund for April 18 cruise on 5/7 to credit card... Received Gift Card refund for our May 2 cruise today via Fed X today for $1410.02 . So ... YES they are trying to get the refunds to everyone as fast as they can! As far as I can see Carnival is bending over backwards and are being way more generous than any other company out there! Kudos to Carnival and their Amazing Staff!

Also received my Water order refund separately on Credit Card.