Future Cruise Certificates - extending expiry date

Hi,

I have a Future Cruise Certificate which was given for an issue on a previous sailing.  It must be applied to a cruise to be taken by October 1, 2020.  

Has anyone received an extension on one of these types of Certificates?  Plan to call RC but would like info first.

Thanks!

NJ 

26 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Plan to call RC but would like info first.

What anyone tells you here may not matter much to an overworked CSR you get on the phone. Some reporting suggests that the date could be an "apply by" date not a "sail by" date. As usual, if you don't like the first answer, call back.

21 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

What anyone tells you here may not matter much to an overworked CSR you get on the phone. Some reporting suggests that the date could be an "apply by" date not a "sail by" date. As usual, if you don't like the first answer, call back.

So true, it all depends on who you talk to.  Just didn't know if others generally had success with extending these Certificates coz of a new RC guideline.

Much appreciated.

NJ 

Just as an update.  Called RC this aft.  CSR did not know if FCC's could be extended so transferred me to Royal Guest Experience Management  - waited an hour & a half.  But got a very nice, polite rep who immediately extended by FCC for one year. 

Also, before the cruise had to be taken by the expiry date now the cruise must be "booked" by the new expiry date.  So great, even more flexibility.  Very happy outcome.  Can't wait to cruise....

NJ 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Just as an update.  Called RC this aft.  CSR did not know if FCC's could be extended so transferred me to Royal Guest Experience Management  - waited an hour & a half.  But got a very nice, polite rep who immediately extended by FCC for one year. 

Also, before the cruise had to be taken by the expiry date now the cruise must be "booked" by the new expiry date.  So great, even more flexibility.  Very happy outcome.  Can't wait to cruise....

NJ 

That is awesome, Royal is doing the best they can do with all this stuff right now.

1 hour ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

NJ 

Glad it all worked out for you. It really does seem to me like RCI is trying to do what thay can to take care of its customers.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Glad it all worked out for you. It really does seem to me like RCI is trying to do what thay can to take care of its customers.

Happy with their treatment.  When I first started cruising, a friend said make sure your first cruise is with a line you'd like to stick with.   Have been loyal to royal since.  

NJ 

• Like 2