Would you sail an itinerary like this if Carnival offered it?

Tapi

18 minutes ago, Tapi said:

As a former Florida resident, Tampa isn’t where I would’ve taken a land vacation to. But it does have some attractions to keep day trippers busy. The Florida Aquarium and Riverwalk are steps from the cruise terminal. Ybor City is a fun and picturesque place. The beaches in St. Pete/Clearwater are nice. For amusement park enthusiasts there’s Busch Gardens. And for fans of Winter (from the movie Dolphin Tale), they can head to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. 

Tampa wouldn’t be on my list of top destinations, but I’d find plenty to have an enjoyable day. 

We used to vacation at Treasure Island by John's Pass. We've been to Ybor City several times.  Been to the aquarium and lots of tasty restaurants.

• Like 1

A few years back sailed on HAL and in addition to passengers boarding in Fort Lauderdale, we also had boarding in Bridgetown, Barbados.

Had quite a number of people board.  The ship was in port from 8 a.m. to midnight.  This gave those who were on board plenty of time to enjoy the port and boarding for new cruisers up to 9 p.m.

The next day for those who arrived later had their safety briefing

It wasn't no hassle with this.  Could see this with a few of the first sailings if some islands won't allow cruisers

Edited by airlink diva

3 hours ago, Tapi said:

As a former Florida resident, Tampa isn’t where I would’ve taken a land vacation to. But it does have some attractions to keep day trippers busy. The Florida Aquarium and Riverwalk are steps from the cruise terminal. Ybor City is a fun and picturesque place. The beaches in St. Pete/Clearwater are nice. For amusement park enthusiasts there’s Busch Gardens. And for fans of Winter (from the movie Dolphin Tale), they can head to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. 

Tampa wouldn’t be on my list of top destinations, but I’d find plenty to have an enjoyable day. 

I enjoyed Ybor City very much.

I did one similar to this in 2000, on the Sensation, but it left from Tampa and went to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, then to New Orleans and back to Tampa.  It was 7 days, and also my first solo cruise, as well my first on Carnival.   I enjoyed it very much.  I might like to do one like that again, but whenever I do get to cruise again, I would like to take a longer cruise.  I think 10 days minimum would be what I want, so may have to look to another cruise line for that.  Or maybe take a back to back.  I would really also like to get back to Key West again.  Went there on a different cruise, just felt the port time was too short, and no time to see what I wanted.   But yes I would give it some consideration.