Pre-Purchase With OBC?

poffles

Can OBC be used to pre-purchase anything before boarding the ship?  Doesn't appear to be possible online but thought I'd ask if anyone knows if this can be done with a phone call?

I searched a lot for this but very little to be found.  I have not sailed NCL in a while, my more recent cruises have been with Celebrity where you can use OBC online immediately upon booking.  I am considering upgrading my drink package and would love to use OBC as I don't want to 'invest' any out of pocket right now.  I know I can just wait and do it on board but my trip is not real soon and we all know how prices can change so I would love to lock it in.

I expect the answer will be not possible.  😞

Just now, esm54687 said:

OBC stands for "On-Board Credit"...... you need to be on-board to use the credit.

Yes I know the definition but thanks for that ...

... as I stated in my ask, I know with certainty that Celebrity allows pre-purchases with 'On-Board Credit' so providing a definition does not answer the question asked.  Celebrity expand on the 'definition' by extending the ability to apply it prior for on board items.   I was just asking here to see if NCL had similar.

6 minutes ago, poffles said:

... as I stated in my ask, I know with certainty that Celebrity allows pre-purchases with 'On-Board Credit' so providing a definition does not answer the question asked.  Celebrity expand on the 'definition' by extending the ability to apply it prior for on board items.   I was just asking here to see if NCL had similar.

Correct.....  originally I missed putting "NCL" in my response which was edited 12 minutes before you replied

Edited by esm54687

39 minutes ago, poffles said:

Sorry, NCL's OBC really means OBC.

11 minutes ago, poffles said:

Thanks ...  figured it was wishful thinking.

I know. I do like being able to use OBC to pre-purchase things on other lines. I don't miss it as much on NCL since I normally don't have any OBC.

4 hours ago, KSSS2013 said:

I know. I do like being able to use OBC to pre-purchase things on other lines. I don't miss it as much on NCL since I normally don't have any OBC.

I've only sailed NCL twice, while ago as I mentioned, and this is first time I have OBC.  And I only have it due to the current sale, when I priced out my cruise the cost didn't change but with the new OBC offer ... win win.