Huahine Nautique vs Windstar motu picnic vs something else

Petoonya

Realize there are more people who read this who've probably done Huahune Nautique. But ideally looking to compare the two for the amount of time spent doing commercials. The pearl farm/pottery selling turns me off as a way to spend time. How long is it- and how many snorkel sites outside of that with them?  Not sure if Windstar has pearl farm tour etc, but their excursion is run by Poetainia and does. But Windstar has never done commercial enterprises on the excursions I've done with them so maybe Poetainia does something different for them. The Windstar is excursion is $159 vs Huahine Nautique for $110.

I'm looking for an excursion that's more focused on snorkeling than anything else. Have done Huahine Voile on the sailing boat a couple times and it was fine but only two snorkel sites. Huahine Nautique takes a lot of passengers too and I'd love to avoid the crowd too. Since the demand from Windstar will probably be limited that day maybe the group will be small. Sounds like they run it regardless of numbers of passengers.

Edited by Petoonya

28 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Realize there are more people who read this who've probably done Huahune Nautique. But ideally looking to compare the two for the amount of time spent doing commercials. The pearl farm/pottery selling turns me off as a way to spend time. How long is it- and how many snorkel sites outside of that with them?  Not sure if Windstar has pearl farm tour etc, but their excursion is run by Poetainia and does. But Windstar has never done commercial enterprises on the excursions I've done with them so maybe Poetainia does something different for them. The Windstar is excursion is $159 vs Huahine Nautique for $110.

I'm looking for an excursion that's more focused on snorkeling than anything else. Have done Huahine Voile on the sailing boat a couple times and it was fine but only two snorkel sites. Huahine Nautique takes a lot of passengers too and I'd love to avoid the crowd too. Since the demand from Windstar will probably be limited that day maybe the group will be small. Sounds like they run it regardless of numbers of passengers.

That can be an issue on a very small ship  .... not enough people to create enough of a group that you can fill one of Marc's smaller outriggers.  If you had 12 of you Marc may consider bypassing the pearl/pottery shop and add a second snorkeling stop. This is what he did for us though the BBQ will likely be a second outrigger there.

4 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

That can be an issue on a very small ship  .... not enough people to create enough of a group that you can fill one of Marc's smaller outriggers.  If you had 12 of you Marc may consider bypassing the pearl/pottery shop and add a second snorkeling stop. This is what he did for us though the BBQ will likely be a second outrigger there.

We did have 12 from our ship last year for Marc's so I doubt that will be a problem. But we did Huahine Nautique that trip, and not interested this time. What I have found to be a problem on other tours from that ship is that there always seem to be a few folks who want to do the pearl stuff.

If there's just one snorkeling stop on Marc's think I'll forget it and just do the 3 hour ship's snorkel tour.

I've read that Le Mahana hotel on Huahine has some of the best snorkeling on the island. Have you been there?

14 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

We did have 12 from our ship last year for Marc's so I doubt that will be a problem. But we did Huahine Nautique that trip, and not interested this time. What I have found to be a problem on other tours from that ship is that there always seem to be a few folks who want to do the pearl stuff.

If there's just one snorkeling stop on Marc's think I'll forget it and just do the 3 hour ship's snorkel tour.

I've read that Le Mahana hotel on Huahine has some of the best snorkeling on the island. Have you been there?

I don't think you understood me   ...

Last Marc we did 3 snorkeling stops with Marc  ... The pearl stop was an option ... we didn't need to go there. If you fill an entire outrigger March seems flexible on what you want to do 😉

16 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Last Marc we did 3 snorkeling stops with Marc  ... The pearl stop was an option ... we didn't need to go there. If you fill an entire outrigger March seems flexible on what you want to do 😉

Sorry for the typos between 'March' and 'Marc'  but I'm sure you know what I meant

29 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Thanks Jerry. If more than one or two snorkel stops we may do it.