Detailed start up plans released by Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line

59 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That may be true and somehow they picked only vaccinated test passengers, but I don't see anywhere on their web site or in the news that they will require vaccinations for the revenue sailings. Like RCI, I assume they are doing test sailings so they don't have to require vaccinations.

Yes, but your post said the test sailings would not fall foul of the law.

3 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

I believe he was taking into account that the law is effective July 1st and the test sailing is on June 25th -- not sure.  

28 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I believe he was taking into account that the law is effective July 1st and the test sailing is on June 25th -- not sure.  

While the law does not take effect until then, isn't the Governor's EO in effect now?

35 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

I assume they won't because the line is not requiring vaccinated test passengers, they just happen to be so. The line could have a long list of volunteers and picked the vaccinated ones. Also, I wouldn't completely trust the veracity of the article. 

Edited by Biker19

40 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I assume they won't because the line is not requiring vaccinated test passengers, they just happen to be so. The line could have a long list of volunteers and picked the vaccinated ones. Also, I wouldn't completely trust the veracity of the article. 

The problem they could run into though, is that Florida law does not allow a business to ask whether a person is vaccinated or not, so how are they going to know who is vaccinated or not if they don't ask?

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

The problem they could run into though, is that Florida law does not allow a business to ask whether a person is vaccinated or not, so how are they going to know who is vaccinated or not if they don't ask?

It may have been a check box on the test sailing volunteer sign up form.

Just now, Biker19 said:

It may have been a check box on the test sailing volunteer sign up form.

Then if they already have that information I guess they're in the clear.  Going forward though, not sure forms can have that question -- at least in Florida, as it stands now. 

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

Then if they already have that information I guess they're in the clear.  Going forward though, not sure forms can have that question -- at least in Florida, as it stands now. 

Unlikely they will ask or need it if the CDC approves their test sailing.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Unlikely they will ask or need it if the CDC approves their test sailing.

So for a June 25 test sailing, if the certificate takes 5 days after completion to be issued, according to the CDC, that means the 3 day test sailing finishes July 28th -- add three days for the certificate, that pushes us to July 1st at the earliest.  BP wants to start the revenue cruises they are currently selling on July 2nd -- that is cutting it mighty close, IMO. 

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

So for a June 25 test sailing, if the certificate takes 5 days after completion to be issued, according to the CDC, that means the 3 day test sailing finishes July 28th -- add three days for the certificate, that pushes us to July 1st at the earliest.  BP wants to start the revenue cruises they are currently selling on July 2nd -- that is cutting it mighty close, IMO. 

Their revenue sailings are 2 days each, so cancelling one or two is likely not a big deal.

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

I suppose not -- just glad there's finally some light at the end of the tunnel. 

There was light at the end of tunnel for BPCL in July 2020 when they were the first with a ship in green on CDC's ship grading system.

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

There was light at the end of tunnel for BPCL in July 2020 when they were the first with a ship in green on CDC's ship grading system.

They got hit with a pack of problems shortly thereafter regarding crew issues -- must be resolved by now I hope. 

• 6 months later...

Margaritaville Resorts & Hotels will operate a cruise brand in 2022, and announced a partnership with Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line.

The Margaritaville Paradise, the former Grand Classica, will launch service on April 30 after what is expected to be an extensive refit at Grand Bahama.

The Florida-based hotel group has long been rumored to be looking at entering the cruise industry and now gets in with an existing marine and hotel operations base that can be mixed with its hotel and resorts brand and client database.

The vessel will sail under the Margaritaville at Sea brand, and the hotel group anticipates adding more ships, referring to the Margaritaville Paradise as its first vessel.

The company said the Margaritaville Paradise will continue operating two-night sailings from the Port of Palm Beach to Freeport, Grand Bahama Island.

“To me, the only thing better than being on a beach by the ocean, is to be on the ocean. Now you can follow in our wake,” said singer, songwriter and best-selling author, Jimmy Buffett, in a prepared release. 

“Margaritaville at Sea will be a new, exciting, and fun way for guests to escape and vacation in Margaritaville,” said John Cohlan, CEO of Margaritaville. “From oceans to lakes, Margaritaville has an organic tie to the water and with Margaritaville at Sea, we’re able to put our iconic lifestyle, resort experiences, and elevated service directly on the sea. We look forward to seeing guests on, and in, Paradise.”

“We’re excited about this new partnership as we launch Margaritaville at Sea out of the Port of Palm Beach. We are incredibly proud of what we’ve built at Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line and are appreciative of our loyal customers and trade partners who have stood by us through so much. We’re excited about this next phase of our evolution, rebranding as Margaritaville at Sea. The collaborative concept will add a different dimension to the cruising industry, appealing to a new audience of travelers,” added Oneil Khosa, CEO of Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line, who will serve as CEO of Margaritaville at Sea.

“Margaritaville at Sea will provide guests with Margaritaville’s authentic culture, entertainment, and food en route to a beautiful destination in Grand Bahama Island. The experience will be complemented by an unmatched, personalized approach to guest service from start to finish via valet service and exclusive cruise terminals for smoother embarkation and disembarkation. It’s the perfect partnership in paradise," Khosa said.

While multiple sources in the industry told Cruise Industry News earlier this week that Margaritaville bought the cruise line, Bahamas Paradise denied this and in a statement said the ownership was "100% still the same."

Margaritaville To Operate Cruise Brand; Does Deal with Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News