Select price vs saver

Vampiress88

9 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Ah some of their songs came onto Spotify after we had listened to creed. 

My son is 40 and likes heavy metal and came round one evening ( pre lockdown ) I was watching Slash with Myles Kennedy on U tube. He said who is that singer, he's good?. I said he is the singer with alter bridge. One up to Dad as that is his best friend's favourite band and my son had seen them at Download. He got me the T Shirt.😂. I'm not really 96.

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

My son is 40 and likes heavy metal and came round one evening ( pre lockdown ) I was watching Slash with Myles Kennedy on U tube. He said who is that singer, he's good?. I said he is the singer with alter bridge. One up to Dad as that is his best friend's favourite band and my son had seen them at Download. He got me the T Shirt.😂. I'm not really 96.

that’s awesome 😎 

it’s funny that music doesn’t seem to have an age limit. 
we are more on the def leppard, Stone sour, but then will also listen to avril Levine and Disney. 

best of all is when my 32 year old hubby is singing to spice girls while cooking of all things. 

24 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Ah some of their songs came onto Spotify after we had listened to creed. 

Mark Tremonti is the guitarist with both. As neither will be on Iona, Gary will have to do.

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I used to listen to Def Leppard when Rick Allen had two arms. Don't mess with us old rockers!

As my formative years were in London in the 60's I find it quite amusing when people expect me to listen to " Best of Val Donigan"( who ever she may be )😁

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Absolutely,  Wowzz - truly awful. But memorable  and not in a good way.

Has a reputation as the worst record ever released. 

Got me ! At least they weren't wearing polo shirts and Converse !

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I was probably wearing Converse when you were in nappies - your comment is unkind.

I was born in 88 if that helps. 

still can’t believe they were cool back then. 
says something about them to be going this long 

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I used to listen to Def Leppard when Rick Allen had two arms. Don't mess with us old rockers!

we went to see them live last year and there were photos of him with both. He’s so very good though. 

also really like the “rock of ages” Broadway type show. Can’t wait for those to come back on. 

sorry to mention butlins as we all know how that goes but they used to have some really good cover bands on at their MCN weekends. 

you know I was so hoping that when I went on the cruise that got cancelled that they would have the rock type show on. Can’t remember what they called it but it looked my kinda thing 

15 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I was born in 88 if that helps. 

still can’t believe they were cool back then. 
says something about them to be going this long 

If you look carefully at the "Rocky" film from 1976, guess what shoes he is wearing? 

Don't mess with us old timers, otherwise we'll bore you with stories of how we saw Queen as a support band, endured King Crimson (!), and saw Genesis with  Peter Gabriel dressed up as a sun flower! 

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

If you look carefully at the "Rocky" film from 1976, guess what shoes he is wearing? 

Don't mess with us old timers, otherwise we'll bore you with stories of how we saw Queen as a support band, endured King Crimson (!), and saw Genesis with  Peter Gabriel dressed up as a sun flower! 

Cardboard box. Looxury.

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

I have only watched rocky once. Gosh it was when we were dating so 15 years ago and have to admit I remember none of it. 

I like Queen, only know genesis has Phil Collins in it (he sung on Disney’s Tarzan 😂) I don’t think these are boring stories. 

but you’ve got me stumped at king crimson

Just now, wowzz said:

Try and find "In the Court of the Crimson King" by King Crimson. 

will do 

not sure they are my kind. 
think I’m more white snake, def leppard kinda but then again I like a lot of random stuff. 

im not actually that keen on Gary Barlow. I mean if he was there I would go watch but I don’t think I’d actually be bothered to book something specific. 

im just itching to book a new cruise when all this is over. Good thing though I have booked my annual leave now for Iona next year.