Cancellation email today?

mbglib

I received a copy of the cancellation email of my March 7 cruise today.  No other changes refund-wise or anything else that I can see.  Did anyone else receive this out-of-the-blue today?

Never mind.  I see references in another thread.

Edited by mbglib

4 hours ago, mbglib said:

I received a copy of the cancellation email of my March 7 cruise today.  No other changes refund-wise or anything else that I can see.  Did anyone else receive this out-of-the-blue today?

Never mind.  I see references in another thread.

For 2020?  

Yeah, OP should be referring to 2020 cancellations, particularly with the note about crossreferencing. I got a pair for March 15, 2020 and May 5ish, 2020 on May 25th or so. So... both well after the cruises were scheduled to end.

6 hours ago, Cuedon said:

Yeah, OP should be referring to 2020 cancellations, particularly with the note about crossreferencing. I got a pair for March 15, 2020 and May 5ish, 2020 on May 25th or so. So... both well after the cruises were scheduled to end.

Did they seem to be related to any refunds arriving?

25 minutes ago, mbglib said:

I'm wondering if that could be the case.  Our cruise was just cancelled at the beginning of this month so it is still showing active, but it seems logical that once the refund or FCC is ready to be processed that the actual cancellation occurs.  Hopefully someone will confirm. 

49 minutes ago, mbglib said:

Some have reported that. They get a cancellation notice and then a week or so later, a refund. I don't have personal experience with this (still waiting for both).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mbglib said:

Yes

For me, they sent a notification to fill out my personalizer for my upcoming cruise for a sailing that was already canceled.  It was actually a warning that if I didn't complete it, I may be denied boarding.  Hahaha 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mbglib said:

Nope, but after every communication, I'm a tiny bit hopeful. And then... it's back to business as usual. 😑

After this most recent update, I think I'm waiting on 7 refunds now.

*Updated May 28, 2020 4:45PM PT https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/