FCC

Hi everyone,

hope you are all well.  Our cruise (Greek Isles and Italy from Rome on Getaway in July) was cancelled exactly 2 weeks ago 😞  We had paid in full.

We received £126.88 FCC each and I have phoned NCL numerous times to advise that we are owed a lot more FCC than that!  Has anyone else experienced this?  Each time they tell me that they can clearly see that there's been an error and to wait 3 days, 7 days, 7 working days, all of which have now passed and I think I've been reasonable but I'm losing patience.  I have booked another sailing and the deposit is due tomorrow.  I advised NCL today that I won't pay another penny until they can sort this out.  They phoned HQ in Miami apparently and assured me that they won't cancel the booking, and that someone will get back to me by the start of next week.  I am not holding my breath!  I realise that they are dealing with thousands of us but given the number of times I've called them I feel this is getting ridiculous, would you agree?  Have you ecperienced similar?  It is rapidly putting me off NCL (usually my favourites!)

Wow.  I’m sorry to hear your having such issues.   I had an issue but they fixed it in less than 24 hours.   
I actually had chosen to take the refund but changed my mind and rebooked.  
I hope you get this sorted out. Good luck 

• Thanks 1

zqvol, I'm not looking for money, but Future Cruise Credit, do you still think it should take that long?  They have admitted an error.  The email told me the FCC would appear within 24hrs, and it did, but was nowhere near the correct amount!

Edited by donnakidston

24 minutes ago, donnakidston said:

zqvol, I'm not looking for money, but Future Cruise Credit, do you still think it should take that long?  They have admitted an error.  The email told me the FCC would appear within 24hrs, and it did, but was nowhere near the correct amount!

An FCC is really nothing but a book keeping entry and should not take very long to put in place, but my real question to everyone who is receiving them, is "What are they really worth?", especially if NCL has to seek bankruptcy protection.

3 minutes ago, zqvol said:

An FCC is really nothing but a book keeping entry and should not take very long to put in place, but my real question to everyone who is receiving them, is "What are they really worth?", especially if NCL has to seek bankruptcy protection.

I guess you should let me worry about that!  Meanwhile, I'd still like to see my book keeping entry!

Edited by donnakidston

Wee update,

NCL have emailed this morning to say that because we paid full balance just 2 days before they cancelled the sailing there has been a mix up (no kidding) and that it was passed to the HQ on May 25th for resolution (still not heard a word!)

Will keep you posted.  Very tempted to cancel the whole lot and just ask for a refund.  Wanted to support NCL and cruise industry but this has left a very bad taste.