9 night barcelona 4th oct 2020

brian1

Hi all,we are booked on the Splendida for this date.Tried to do a dummy booking today,the first available date for that cruise is now the 14th.Seems it's probably cancelled,full payment due on 6th July so only £200 deposit to hopefully get back.Anyone know about this?Not surprised as P and O are not restarting till mid Oct,cheers,Brian.

26 minutes ago, cruiser man 60 said:

Cruises upto 31/07 only cancelled at present plus various ones in USA for later this year and 2021.

Well,it seems we have a surprise coming.Watch this space.Cheers,Brian.

29 minutes ago, Até said:

The US site shows different dates on the prior itinerary, which doesn't match the map image.  Looking at Lisbon embarkation you get this:

Splendida.thumb.jpg.d32fd460c0629a3dcfa1160a8eb7a9d3.jpg

Cheers,my booking is actually on the 5th and is Barcelona to Barcelona,sorry about the wrong date but the whole situation is clear as mud.Good job I haven't booked anything  regarding travel and accomodation yet.

14 minutes ago, Até said:

There is limited capacity for embarkation at each port, it's very possible that MSC is just no longer taking new bookings from Barcelona.

This is an existing booking that we booked last year.I've just emailed our TA.I think I'll cancel and put the 3 grand+ towards a more exotic cruise next year,cheers,Brian.PS,the only way this could be achieved is by encroaching 2 days on the following cruise on the 14th,perhaps your right afterall,lol.

10 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I think I'll cancel and put the 3 grand+ towards a more exotic cruise next year,cheers,Brian.

I don't think MSC has made any actual changes to your sailing from Barcelona.  All these sailings overlap with people getting on and off at most ports.  Some people embark in Portugal, some in Spain, some in France, etc..., but all are staying on for nine days and getting off at their original embarkation port once the ship has come around again.  You would get a notice if there were any changes.  If you want to cancel you have the option of the Flexible Cruise Programme where at least you won't lose your deposit, you can retain it as a future cruise credit for a possible later cruise.

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/coronavirus/change-booking

Edited by Até

21 minutes ago, Até said:

I don't think MSC has made any actual changes to your sailing from Barcelona.  All these sailings overlap with people getting on and off at most ports.  Some people embark in Portugal, some in Spain, some in France, etc..., but all are staying on for nine days and getting off at their original embarkation port once the ship has come around again.  You would get a notice if there were any changes.  If you want to cancel you have the option of the Flexible Cruise Programme where at least you won't lose your deposit, you can retain it as a future cruise credit for a possible later cruise.

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/coronavirus/change-booking

Yes,you're dead right.I'm not used to cruiselines operating almost like ferries,lol.We don't have to pay until July so will see what happens,cheers,Brian.

• Like 2