Well, Someone noticed our requests for Bowling

BevMoney

Rccl DID research this with the same company that they did the Radiance Class pool tables. (the website link was posted on this board) They were going to do this on the freedom, but they ran into some problems with getting the lane stabilized... I guess we will have to wait to see how it turns out on NCL

I just saw this announcement from NCL. You can bet if it works out,RCL will soon have one also.

Now they've announced Freedom will have a regulation sized boxing ring. UGH, I hate boxing. It's such a savage sport.

The boxing ring is the gym and it is for working out also know as excercise. I am sure you will not be subject to savage bloody boxing matches for entertainment .:rolleyes:

Can't you bowl at home?

Why would you want to do that on a cruise?

All I want to do is get some sun and sip a few cocktails.

I personally enjoy bowling and would love to say that I was able to bowl on a ship. I use to bowl all the time till my DD came about and it would be nice to be able to bowl on the ship since she does not go quite yet.

Hmm... I admit to knowing little about bowling - Guess that's a strike against me. But spare me the sympathy. I know it's not up my alley and many will call me a turkey for even trying to respond, but, at the risk of leaving myself in the gutter, all I can say is: let's split the difference and convert hope into reality and finish with a perfect game!

Yogi

RCI had better not put a bowling alley on any of their ships. It takes up way to much space for only a few passengers to use at any given time. There are so many other things that the space could be used for. Plus who would want a room anywhere near the bowling alley.

I cannot imagine why anyone would want to go bowling on a cruise.You have all that sea air, sunshine and everything else. Why would you waste time doing something you could do everyday at home, save your money and stay home and bowl.

The boxing ring is the gym and it is for working out also know as excercise. I am sure you will not be subject to savage bloody boxing matches for entertainment .:rolleyes:

It may also be for taking care of the chair hogs.......and in this corner 300 angry guests.....in that corner...the ever present chair hog...this will be a one round match....guests....have at 'em

I cannot imagine why anyone would want to go bowling on a cruise.You have all that sea air, sunshine and everything else. Why would you waste time doing something you could do everyday at home, save your money and stay home and bowl.

I probably wouldn't want to bowl on a cruiseship either, but it's just another option that keeps passengers spread out all over the ship and I think that's a good thing. For me, the more options there are, the better I feel when I'm on a ship, even if I don't use most of them.

If we wanted to scrap the bowling alley because 'we could bowl at home', then I say can't we read a book, enjoy a movie, go to a bar, play basketball, or enjoy a pool at home?

There is something special about enjoying amenities on a floating resort!

Can't you all just picture the eventual threads on the NCL Board? "Should I bring my bowling shoes?", "How much are bowling shoe rentals?" or "Do the bowling shoes smell?" ;)

Or can't you just hear it now, I want to go bowling right after dinner,is it ok if I wear my bowling shoes to dinner? :p

Archived