Room Service & Other Expenses

Frogs

I am getting ready for my second cruise in December so that makes me a newbie. Since my first cruise was 4 yrs ago on NCL I don't remember much about the room service and didn't use it since there were 33 of us on board. At the risk of sounding cheap (which I'm not, just being prepared), I am curious - what costs, if any, should I expect if I take advantage of room service for coffee/breakfast/appetizers? I've see the other threads talking about other expenses. This was just one aspect that I hadn't seen anything mentioned.

Thanks!

Dreaming about December . . . :rolleyes:

I should have mentioned that tipping goes without saying. I can be a generous tipper and proud of it since I see a lot of people that don't tip or don't tip much. I just wasn't sure if getting room service was an upcharge or if it was just part of the cost of the cruise.

I took one hundred in ones on our seven day cruise at Christmas and wished I had taken more...I also had Lifesavers from Sam's and I wish I had more of those to give to children I met in port.

LHC

• 2 weeks later...

Free Room service is one of the little things I love about cruising. It is so relaxing to sleep in, order breakfast, sit on your balcony ,enjoy the beautiful veiws and not have to worry about the effects on your vacation budget..I have never sailed on HAL but I have cruised many times before..How is the Room Service Menu?

Hi Frogs,

No you don't sound cheap, just trying to be prepared. Here are a couple of tips about room service.

When ordering breakfast , if it is not on the card, you can write it on the card. An example is pancakes.

List on the card everything you want also if you call for room service you must tell them everything. Don't assume anything.

If you want cream with coffee you must order it, same goes for sugar.

They now have carafes listed on the breakfast card. Don't bother with a cup, it will be gone in a couple of mouthfuls.

You need to specify the number also. Like sugar? Make sure you order enough or you may get just 1 or 2 packs.

I you want butter, same thing, you must order it and tell them how much.

I think you got the picture. :)

I love room service.

On our last cruise I requested sliced strawberries everyday, I wrote it in on the card. We never had a problem getting exactly what we requested. We always greet our deliverer with a smile, a good morning, nice tip, and send them off with a "thank you, have a nice day."

Being polite, cordial, and following with a tip is my best advice to make the most of your in room dining.

Archived