Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

19 hours ago, sbrenskell said:

I remember during covid they sent one every month. Now it's slim.

Yes, there were some months where we got more than 10 CC points.

The whole idea behind PUP was to keep folks "engaged" during covid.  There's not much rationale behind that reason now that ships are sailing back at (around) normal levels and itineraries.  At this point, it's probably more about getting folks to watch an ad, and they don't need an ad every month.  I suppose they also could do the more targeted promotions such as "book a cruise during [certain month]" or something like that.

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Yes, there were some months where we got more than 10 CC points.

The whole idea behind PUP was to keep folks "engaged" during covid.  There's not much rationale behind that reason now that ships are sailing back at (around) normal levels and itineraries.  At this point, it's probably more about getting folks to watch an ad, and they don't need an ad every month.  I suppose they also could do the more targeted promotions such as "book a cruise during [certain month]" or something like that.

I was wondering with the new boss if the PUP program will continue. 

On 5/1/2023 at 2:30 PM, mahasamatman said:

It's the general marketing subscription. They're one and the same.

You certain about that? There is a specific subscription dialog for the Power Up Points program, though I'm sure getting added to that also gets you all the marketing email as well.

But here's the thing .. I've been getting Celebrity marketing emails (often twice a day) for 15 years, and also have explicitly subscribed to PUP emails many times. Yet, I have never ever received a PUP email. Many on this thread attest to that .. despite subscribing, no PUP emails ever. If it weren't for this thread ..

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DCPIV said:

At this point, it's probably more about getting folks to watch an ad, and they don't need an ad every month.  I suppose they also could do the more targeted promotions such as "book a cruise during [certain month]" or something like that.

I liked the webinar type earning opportunities. It gave me new information about destinations, ships and programs. I never took advantage of the "book a cruise" type earnings, because, we don't book that way. We have generally have our cruising scheduled set for the next 18-24 months and don't have the luxury to slot another in just to earn some PUPs. 

• Like 2

On 4/30/2023 at 8:34 PM, JerseyGirlatHeart said:

We did this on our last Princess cruise during a Solo Promotion.  I booked a bare bones fare inside and hubby booked a balcony.  We spent all time in balcony cabin, and used my inside for storage.  Worked out great.  Was cheaper then booking two people in the balcony, and received double booking points.

How do you get the solo flyer I missed out?

4 hours ago, JerseyGirlatHeart said:

I heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend, who heard it from their Travel Agent.  

And their Travel Agent heard it from a friend at Celebrity....

Cheers

30 minutes ago, sixpackeddie said:

30 points wow. That's very generous.Watching now.

It is generous (webinars are historically 40 or 50 Power Up Points); but remember 10 PUP = 1 Captain’s Club Point.  

Harris

Denver, CO