Good experience- Gate 1

ElmwoodPark

We had a Rhine River cruise booked with Gate 1 for Aug. 29th. When the Covid-19 situation hit in March my husband and I decided we did not want to chance being stuck outside the country. We had a $600 deposit with Gate 1. Gate 1 first moved the final payment date to 30 days out instead of 90. Then in the beginning of May they gave the option to cancel and lose 25% of your deposit. I decided to stick it out and wait for Gate 1 to cancel for a total refund. They did cancel on June 2nd via an email to me and on their website. I submitted on their website for a total refund. I never received any type of confirmation which made me a little concerned, but figured I'd wait it out. Today I got a confirmation from my credit card company that the entire $600 deposit has been credited back to my credit card. After hearing all the cruise refund horror stories, I am very pleased with how Gate 1 handled the situation, and thought I would let others know of my positive experience. 

That’s really good to hear.
We aren’t looking for a different cruise provider, but . . . We are extremely displeased with the land travel provider that left us stuck in Europe and still hasn’t reimbursed us for services not provided. We’ll definitely look at Gate 1 for land tours.

28 minutes ago, CPT Trips said:

That’s really good to hear.
We aren’t looking for a different cruise provider, but . . . We are extremely displeased with the land travel provider that left us stuck in Europe and still hasn’t reimbursed us for services not provided. We’ll definitely look at Gate 1 for land tours.

Which provider was that?  [We are planning several land trips, so this would be helpful info]