Statendam Poster in Brexit Movie

VMax1700

21 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Had to read up on it; quite a history!

Have you ever visited the Titanic Experience in Belfast?  

As someone who finds 'Interpretive Centres' to be somewhat blasé, I was more than impressed with the Titanic Experience specially the collection of older images of the Belfast that I remember from the late 50's to late 60's.  

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

As someone who finds 'Interpretive Centres' to be somewhat blasé, I was more than impressed with the Titanic Experience specially the collection of older images of the Belfast that I remember from the late 50's to late 60's.  

Haven’t seen the one in Belfast but I was really impressed with the old White Star LIne terminal in Cobb, Ireland (Titianic’s last stop before they set across the ocean IIRC) and interpretive centre there for the Titanic.  Really worth visiting, hitting home in some ways, moving and very interesting.

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

Haven’t seen the one in Belfast but I was really impressed with the old White Star LIne terminal in Cobb, Ireland (Titianic’s last stop before they set across the ocean IIRC) and interpretive centre there for the Titanic.  Really worth visiting, hitting home in some ways, moving and very interesting.

The one in Cobh is only 15 miles/25 km from our home.  We go down there quite often (in normal times!).  You are correct about Queenstown (as it was called in those days) being the last stop before Titanic headed into the Atlantic.  

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Never been to Northern Ireland, only to the Republic and to Dublin as part of a Prinsendam cruise with a great itinerary. It's on the bucket list as is the 'Titanic Experience'

13 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

The one in Cobh is only 15 miles/25 km from our home.  We go down there quite often (in normal times!).  You are correct about Queenstown (as it was called in those days) being the last stop before Titanic headed into the Atlantic.  

Oh my heavens, we were that close?  I didn’t realize it at the time as this was a last minute itinerary change.

I’ll keep that in mind if we have the pleasure to be back there, but it’s truly a beautiful spot with warm, kind people 🙂