Marigot Bakery

richbum

Someone mentioned a great bakery in Marigot that is a can't miss. Can anyone tell me the name and anything about it...distance to port...etc?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by richbum

The Bakery is/was Sarafina's French Bakery & it was right across the street from the taxi stop in downtown Marigot.  They were ruined in the hurricane a few years back but apparently reopened at the Marina Port La Royale, Marigot.  I'm not sure if it is still there but Sarafina's comes up in google at the original location saying 'Permanently Closed'.  It may take a little digging to find out or ask when you get to St. Martin.  You do have to take a taxi to get there.  Or ask if you are on a private tour that it be a stop.  If they are still around, their pastries are amazing & the showcase of selections is worth several photos. 

On 6/14/2020 at 9:47 AM, pbrady said:

The Bakery is/was Sarafina's French Bakery & it was right across the street from the taxi stop in downtown Marigot.  They were ruined in the hurricane a few years back but apparently reopened at the Marina Port La Royale, Marigot.  I'm not sure if it is still there but Sarafina's comes up in google at the original location saying 'Permanently Closed'.  It may take a little digging to find out or ask when you get to St. Martin.  You do have to take a taxi to get there.  Or ask if you are on a private tour that it be a stop.  If they are still around, their pastries are amazing & the showcase of selections is worth several photos. 

Thank you very much! I hope they are still open!

Agree with richbum, Sarifina has moved to  the Marina, but into a much smaller shop.

I would note that there are many wonderful pastry shops/bakeries on the Dutch side, including along the route from the Cruise Facility to Maho Beach if you were so inclined.

gary

I

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...