When Will Aurora Retire?

London-Calling

Popularity versus cost... 

Aurora seems much more loved than Oceana and is certainly in better condition, so although it is probably inevitable that her days are numbered, she won't be the next to go. 

Carnival have a lot older ships across their brands which will probably go first. 

Andy 

• Like 1

I hope that keep Aurora, one of my favourite ships.  Who knows how Carnival will procede, my guess is that will move away from smaller, old ships in favour of the huge, modern ships that are cheaper to run and will attract their target ( younger) market more than the older traditional cruiser.

• Like 2

Like I have said previously in other threads I think Oceana would go first because she is designed for 7nt cruises in warmer conditions and was built for American market where Aurora was designed for British market and is more suited for British market and a nicer ship IMO. Having said that doesnt matter what Carnival would prefer to sell first I think if somebody came knocking on the door specifically asking about Aurora and the price was right dont think they would say no.

Edited by majortom10

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

Hopefully at least another 5 years away yet. She is one of only two ships I intend to keep sailing on in the P&O fleet.

Same for us. Aurora and Arcadia are the only P&O ships that are now of interest.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, London-Calling said:

Carnival has recently announced that they are going to dispose of at least six ships, brand wide. Many wonder if P&O's oldest/smallest ship will be on the 'hit list'?

See article: https://wp.me/PfRKD-7Q2

What do you think?

I don't think that she is on this "hit list" - but she will be higher up the next hit list.

Very hard to say in present times, but I would be pleasantly surprised if Aurora remained part of the P&O fleet in 5 years time.  Just a guess.

2 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

I don't think that she is on this "hit list" - but she will be higher up the next hit list.

Very hard to say in present times, but I would be pleasantly surprised if Aurora remained part of the P&O fleet in 5 years time.  Just a guess.

That may well depend on the post-Covid 19 cruise market...

Like most things in life everything has a price so whoever shows genuine interest in any ships whether P&O or any ship under the Carnival Group I am sure they would listen. If somebody makes a good offer for Arcadia or Aurora they might well go before Oceana if the price is right.