Yep - lots of ship movements

marcoigna

All nine sailings I had planned from May through next September have now been cancelled by MSC.  I'm taking it as a sign that cruising is not in my future for a while and going to sit back and watch from the sidelines until the industry settles down.  While I consider Fantasia a very big difference I doubt MSC will consider it a big enough change to let you cancel for that reason.  I assume you can still get the deposit back under the "normal" cancellation policy?  For me there are too many questions regarding how different cruising will be when MSC first starts back, it looks less and less likely those questions will be adequately answered before November.  I wouldn't be willing to gamble Yacht Club prices on an unknown product.

10 hours ago, Boschmann said:

... going to sit back and watch from the sidelines until the industry settles down.  While I consider Fantasia a very big difference I doubt MSC will consider it a big enough change to let you cancel for that reason.  [/quote]

Couldn't agree more with you, Joe!

For me there are too many questions regarding how different cruising will be when MSC first starts back, it looks less and less likely those questions will be adequately answered before November.  I wouldn't be willing to gamble Yacht Club prices on an unknown product.

The situation is far too volatile at the moment for cruise lines to be making definitive plans and their handling of our money in the circumstances leaves a lot to be desired.   Even in Europe, they're beginning to see a second surge in C-19 numbers.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 6:51 PM, cruiser man 60 said:

We're on this and just noticed that change , not happy as had an Aurea cabin with large balcony and Fantasia a lot older ship.

Me too, were joining at Barcelona, in Aurea whirlpool suite, now switched to Fantasia. As yet no details on what cabin, or whether there will be a price adjustment to allow for the downgrading of the ship. Compensation is a meagre €200 OBC.