Conflicting Website Info

Av8tor

MSC sure needs to have better or more IT folks working for it.  Their website is FULL of bad links and conflicting information.

The 5%+5% Voyages Selection link that doesn't work has been just one example...

Another is the Cruise Assurance page where the top banner says it valid for cruises through September 30, 2020, but further down the page it says that it's valid for all cruises sailing on or before Oct. 31, 2020.

They change stuff so often and fail to update previously posted info that I'm taking photo shots of various web pages, including the date & time on my screen, to have some proof of what they were advertising and when just in case I get in a dispute with them later.

• Like 2

I have had a lot of trouble with searching online since they updated the site. It is no longer “fun” looking for a cruise to book. AV8tor I agree with you completely. Good idea to take screen print pics. There are many issues that need to be cleaned up, I would suggest too many to list. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Av8tor said:

The 5%+5% Voyages Selection link that doesn't work has been just one example...

Even when it works, not every* cruise that should be included is included.

I had to call to get a booked cruise corrected to include the 5%+5%. I suspect that I'll have to call again to get my most recent booking corrected.

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Even when it works, not every* cruise that should be included is included.

I had to call to get a booked cruise corrected to include the 5%+5%. I suspect that I'll have to call again to get my most recent booking corrected.

Thanks for that info. I had asked about that in a Seaside at Port Canaveral thread. I know I can call but wondered if anyone had any luck getting 5+5 online--plus the OBC. 

@Av8tor, today, I had to switch browsers to even get to enter VC number, then I had to keep switching between browsers to get all the room choices to show up. But, I didn't expect the website to actually improve due to Covid 19. I think the website has improved a little from a year or so ago. Once last year, I had to send screenshots of a new deal on a booked cruise (now cancelled) as the CSA couldn't find it through her computer. 

Thank you, deliver42. The four or five times I've done something like this, it was always handled but would not say "no problem." Each person with whom I've spoken at MSC has always been polite and diligent in getting the job done. Last time, it took about 45 minutes--1 minute on hold and the rest of the time to figure how to do it. That time, there were several incorrect invoices sent, but I always stay on the phone until the right one comes through. Add patient to the qualifiers above. 

• Like 1

My TA has been having BIG problems getting the 5+5 and the OBC added to my booking for Halloween (originally on Seaside, now on Mera).  Got the VC 5%, but not the VS 5% or the OBC.  This has been going on for weeks and MSC tells her they'll take care of it, but it never gets done.  I hate to tell her how to do her job, but maybe I should insist she stay on the phone with them until she gets the proper confirmation invoice...

Anyone else see that in one place the OBC for 5+5 is now only $50 and in another banner it's still $100?

Paul

Edited by Av8tor

20 minutes ago, Av8tor said:

Anyone else see that in one place the OBC for 5+5 is now only $50 and in another banner it's still $100?

From what I'm seeing, it's $50pp for Inside or Ocean View and $100pp for a Balcony, Suite, or the MSC Yacht Club.

In my case, the $100 showed up as $50 on one line and $50 on another line in the "Cruise Details">>"Stateroom and Booking Details" tab, Each credit with my name and under that, $50 + $50 on separate lines with my wife's name. Oddly, each credit showed up on different days. It was only $50 a day after booking and one by one, more credit just appeared. I have nothing on the conformation and can't see the option to download a new one.

I'm going to wait until after the first week in July to get the 5% + 5% + OBC added to the other cruises. Hopefully, I can get everything sorted and confirmed in one call.