Iona cabin layout

Jcr70

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before but I’m struggling to find anything using the search function.

Does anyone know what the sea view cabin layout will be?  We’re seasoned inside cruisers, but found the ‘square’ Princess inside layout quite claustrophobic, and much preferred both Disney and Royal Caribbean where there was space for a sofa.  Having 2 cruises cancelled this year, we’re looking to book something for next summer and Iona is looking like the best option for the dates and budget we have.  

I’m reluctant to go for the inside as the image suggests the square layout.  But the balcony prices are hard to justify (especially as I will want to select a cabin - I feel sick too far forward so don’t want to risk an assigned cabin), and I’m really interested to know what the sea view will look like ... the stock image on the site switches from the inside to the balcony!!  I wouldn’t pay the extra just to have a window behind the bed but if it is the balcony layout with a window then I’m sold!

2 minutes ago, Jcr70 said:

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before but I’m struggling to find anything using the search function.

Does anyone know what the sea view cabin layout will be?  We’re seasoned inside cruisers, but found the ‘square’ Princess inside layout quite claustrophobic, and much preferred both Disney and Royal Caribbean where there was space for a sofa.  Having 2 cruises cancelled this year, we’re looking to book something for next summer and Iona is looking like the best option for the dates and budget we have.  

I’m reluctant to go for the inside as the image suggests the square layout.  But the balcony prices are hard to justify (especially as I will want to select a cabin - I feel sick too far forward so don’t want to risk an assigned cabin), and I’m really interested to know what the sea view will look like ... the stock image on the site switches from the inside to the balcony!!  I wouldn’t pay the extra just to have a window behind the bed but if it is the balcony layout with a window then I’m sold!

Morning, 

Can't really answer your question, but was surprised the balcony cabins are so much more expensive on Iona. 

We booked a balcony recently for what was a minimal amount more than an inside, and wondered how they would sell the insides... 

But with P&Os fluid pricing, demand must be greater on the cruise you are looking at. 

There are posters on here who have followed Ionas progress who I am sure will be able to answer your question. 

Good luck, 

Andy 

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Morning, 

Can't really answer your question, but was surprised the balcony cabins are so much more expensive on Iona. 

We booked a balcony recently for what was a minimal amount more than an inside, and wondered how they would sell the insides... 

But with P&Os fluid pricing, demand must be greater on the cruise you are looking at. 

There are posters on here who have followed Ionas progress who I am sure will be able to answer your question. 

Good luck, 

Andy 

Thank you!

£1700 in a inside for 2, £2850 in a balcony on a select fare ... 

2 minutes ago, Jcr70 said:

Thank you!

£1700 in a inside for 2, £2850 in a balcony on a select fare ... 

Wow, that's a surprise... We paid about 90 quid more for 7 nights. 

As I said, demand must be very high on your cruise. 

Andy 

18 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Wow, that's a surprise... We paid about 90 quid more for 7 nights. 

As I said, demand must be very high on your cruise. 

Andy 

Looking forward to casting my May Fly, in a few weeks.

• Like 2

I think you will find the balcony cabins have increased somewhat more due to fluid pricing and many using FCCs and booking balcony cabins rather than inside due to covid-19 experience and people moving away from inside cabins in case of isolation.

• Like 3