Tips and Memories on the Breeze

kimma11

Good morning

I don't sail until next April, and have found myself dreaming about cruising every day now. It really is addictive. My daughter and I are avid cruisers and have been on Carnival several times now, but this will be the first on the Breeze. So in an attempt to satisfy my need to cruise..... tell me your best tip or memory about the Breeze. Hopefully we can generate some fun posts until cruising reopens. 

The Breeze is our favorite ship. In fact, our August 29th canceled cruise was on the Breeze.  We're spa people. We had a spa balcony.  We spent a lot of time in the thermal suite.  So relaxing.  If you don't have a spa cabin,  you can buy a daily pass or a pass for the entire cruise.  There is nothing like relaxing in the thalassptheropy pool after a long day in port.

favorite ship. sailed her December 2019

1. embarkation- captain capitano (the Italian place)- free for lunch-  you pick pasta/ add ons/ sauce-

2.  back pool by pirate Pete- close to bathroom/ has hot tub/ not too crowded

3 . morning breakfast burrito at blue iquana

4.  try the ropes course- even just once

5. bring magnetic hooks for the room

6.  any other questions- ask away.

Butterbean already beat me to it, but we always get a spa balcony cabin on Dream class ships. The thermal suite on these ships are the best in Carnival’s fleet. We also like hanging out on deck 5 when spending time outside. There are plenty of lounge chairs on this deck and it has never been too crowded, even on sea days, on the multiple times we have cruised on Breeze and Magic. 

On embarkation day the best place to have a quiet sit down lunch is deck 11 aft above the buffet in Cucina Del Capitano. They have a pasta lunch. Most people don’t find that until later in the cruise.

If you have a rainy sea day, try the thrill theater deck 4 aft. 

If you need to get from say the front of the promenade (deck 5) to the back of the promenade fast and beat the slow moving crowd. Step down to deck 4 where there’s pretty much nobody to quickly travel to the back of the ship.

If a comedy show lets out and you need to use the bathroom but there’s a line, step down to deck 4. There are bathrooms right by the stairs nobody uses.

Secret decks at the front of the ship are great

for watching arriving at a port, sail away, sunrises and sun sets.

We have sailed the Breeze once - March 2019

Our favorite memory was watching the sun rise from the forward open deck 9 above the bridge wing, as we sailed into San Juan

The vivid colors against the backdrop of El Morro and Old San Juan was breathtaking 

That is one of my top 5 favorite cruise memories of all time!

Our favorite ship and had been on her twice,  We tried again for our 3rd time before she would move away but got cancelled (April 18 then August 15).

If it will be a go.  Enjoy.

Edited by ChattTenn

Breeze is my favorite ship! I’ve sailed on her twice. I love the layout of the Dream class. Embarkation day lunch at Guy’s, breakfast burritos at Blue Iguana, sea day brunch in the MDR, evening cocktails at Alchemy. Granted, I do these things on all ships, but it’s just seemed the best on Breeze!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A few things we especially like on the Breeze, which helps make it our favorite ship. In the Lido buffet seating area, along the inside wall on both sides, there are high top tables. It can be difficult to find an unoccupied window table at breakfast or lunch. Sitting at one of the high tops makes it possible to see over peoples' heads and be able to look outside while eating. There are large red patio umbrellas in the seating area that give it a more tropical feel. And, if you like to have a latte or some other specialty coffee with your breakfast or lunch, there's a small kiosk set up in the rear of the buffet area where you can get your specialty coffee without going to the coffee bar on Deck 5. The Dream and the Magic (sister ships to the Breeze) don't offer this. Also, we love the decor on the Breeze. If, after cruising on the Breeze, it doesn't become your favorite, it will definitely be in your top three.