Use Steve at www.tripinsurancestore.com

Petoonya

I wish I had bought my initial policy through Steve but I bought "Nationwide" through Insure My Trip. It's not a reputable company even though they have given a 97% approval on Insure My Trip. My cruise was cancelled and I'm going to try to see if Nationwide would consider refunding my payment. Insure My Trip said they would but I need to wait 90 days to find out for sure. Since the time I bought the policy I had a few questions over time as I needed to raise my limit as I added on airfare etc. It was always 2-3 weeks before I would get a response back from Insure My Trip/Nationwide. Challenged my confidence.

I booked another cruise and rather than transfer the policy to the new cruise, (which would still take 90 days for approval) I considered my options. Since these days there is always the possibility of a cruise line defaulting I didn't want to be without insurance on the new cruise. Felt in those 90 days of waiting for Nationwide to respond, coverage on the new cruise would be in limbo. So I called Steve at TripInsuranceStore and immediately had two quotes which were extremely reasonable and gave me much more coverage then I had with the Insure My Trip/Nationwide policy. The people at Trip Insurance Store made it easy.

By the end of the day I had the policy in my hand. I feel like this sounds like a commercial but I do encourage anyone buying insurance, do it with someone you can always talk to and will give you personalized service at a bargain. Don't make a mistake like I did. Since I've been cruising for 30 years I thought I knew everything about travel/cruise insurance. WRONG! Really glad Cruise Critic has this little area where we can recount our good or bad experiences.

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Since these days there is always the possibility of a cruise line defaulting I didn't want to be without insurance on the new cruise.

I use Steve's services also.

One thing I did learn during this past Junes highlight discussion with Steve here on CruiseCritic was that "Default" insurance that some policies include are not valid if you bought the cruise directly from the cruiseline. There has to be a 3rd party involved such as a TA.

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

I use Steve's services also.

One thing I did learn during this past Junes highlight discussion with Steve here on CruiseCritic was that "Default" insurance that some policies include are not valid if you bought the cruise directly from the cruiseline. There has to be a 3rd party involved such as a TA.

Thanks for your helpful words.

Ya know, I bought THREE cruise insurance policies this year two of which are worthless and provided me with nothing. If I'd gone with Steve from the beginning would not have the financial loss I do now. He is a smart guy to have in your corner.

• Like 1