Southampton to Barbados crossing

kevboy

Hi everyone, in anticipation of Brittania going to Caribbean in late October,  what is the weather like during the crossing? when does it start to warm up ? 

Perhaps a more interesting question is - Since Brittania is scheduled to cross to Caribbean from October onwards, what if it is December before she sails? How would P&O try and fill her up for the crossing or would she sail empty?  

46 minutes ago, kevboy said:

How would P&O try and fill her up for the crossing or would she sail empty?  

I would imagine they would sell it as a completely new cruise. Could be at a good price, if they offer it at the last minute. 

Personally I dont think they would sail empty.

2 hours ago, bee-ess said:

Same issue for Oceana going to Dubai in October, there is no repositioning cruise advertised for that.

Oceana was due to sail from Valletta Malta to Dubai on the 15 October at the end of her aborted Summer fly cruise season. She is now in the UK. As P&O are due to recommence cruises on that date it may still possibly go ahead as she would have to go through the Med anyway to access the Suez canal.

11 minutes ago, Denarius said:

Oceana was due to sail from Valletta Malta to Dubai on the 15 October at the end of her aborted Summer fly cruise season. She is now in the UK. As P&O are due to recommence cruises on that date it may still possibly go ahead as she would have to go through the Med anyway to access the Suez canal.

It is no longer advertised but could easily be resurrected.

I’m booked on this on Britannia so hope it’s going 🚢. Will follow the new rules or new way of cruising with a positive attitude and intend to enjoy it. Hopefully the weather will be kind but not worrying too much as we’ll be in safe hands and going south it should soon improve and we should be okay after Madeira. Also it’s the end of October so the hurricane season should be over..... But in this topsy turvey world at the moment who knows 😄

5 hours ago, kevboy said:

Hi everyone, in anticipation of Brittania going to Caribbean in late October,  what is the weather like during the crossing? when does it start to warm up ? 

Perhaps a more interesting question is - Since Brittania is scheduled to cross to Caribbean from October onwards, what if it is December before she sails? How would P&O try and fill her up for the crossing or would she sail empty?  

We were on Arcadia late October last year and it was foggy until we reached Madeira where it was sunny and warm, nice enough to wear shorts. The crossing to Barbados got progressively warmer each day and we had sunshine all the way. Ironically when we got to Barbados it was torrential rain for most of the day and you had the option of cancelling any booked excursion. No guarantee of course it will be the same this year.

53 minutes ago, Converted to cruising said:

I’m booked on this on Britannia so hope it’s going 🚢. Will follow the new rules or new way of cruising with a positive attitude and intend to enjoy it. Hopefully the weather will be kind but not worrying too much as we’ll be in safe hands and going south it should soon improve and we should be okay after Madeira. Also it’s the end of October so the hurricane season should be over..... But in this topsy turvey world at the moment who knows 😄

Hopefully your cruise will go, the weather will be kind and the new procedures will keep you safe. Have a great time, but don't forget to tell us all about it when you get back. I like your attitude.🚢😁.

Thank you and I will definitely let you know how we get on. I’m always a glass half full type of person and can’t do with negativity all the time. Life is what you make it and you make the decision to go with an open mind and the intention to enjoy the experience or don’t go but don’t but the downers on those who choose to go. I’m actually looking forward to the experience 🚢😄

• Like 2

We have crossed the Atlantic many times west and eastwards. We have had everything from flat seas to force 12. You need to be good sailors or have an effective seasickness medication if the sea is rough. We crossed in Nov last year on the rescheduled Oceana cruise, we were scheduled to go to the Azores but due to storms in the north Atlantic we sailed south to Tenerife, the weather was warming up enough to sit out by day 2, the crossing was calm. Every effort will be made to sail around storms whenever possible. 

• Like 1