Is OBC Shared Among Cabin Mates?

Av8tor

First time sailing on MSC...

Does MSC treat OBC as a comingled pool of money for everyone in the cabin to share or is it only allowed to be "spent" by the passenger it was originally assigned to?

For instance, If I have $100 OBC and my wife also has $100, will we owe money if my charges are $80 and hers are $120?

On our other cruise lines, we wouldn't owe anything else since the OBCs can be applied to any/all charges made by cabin occupants.  Wondering if it's the same on MSC.

Thanks

So I had a slightly different experience on Seaside. My wife and I each had OBC and we had to a) ask for them to be combined and then b) register my CC to cover her charges too (at one of the kiosks).

After that it worked how you want it to work.

So I think the answer is a qualified yes. It will work that way if you want it to and set it up for that to happen, but I think by *default* it does not.

• Like 1

When you register your CC after boarding it will ask you if you want to cover all of the occupants of the cabin, if you select yes, that's it set up as your default. If you don't then the charges and OBC would be separate and you'd have to ask to have it combined as above poster did. 

We've always registered one card, all occupants and everything is covered with one invoice and payment, which combines any OBC.